Newest gun or latest upgrade

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by Bob »

Came real close to getting one of those.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I decided to trade my G26.4 for another Glock 19X. Although I really liked the G26 and use to carry it off duty, I prefer no finger grooves. And since it was in a HD role it made more sense to have a pistol of higher caliber that was the same platform as other HD pistols. This gives me three 19X's for the HD role. This will also make it easier for my wife as it is the same platform/capacity so she has familiarity regardless of which one she uses.

I'm thinking about starting to carry my 19.5FS now that winter has arrived. It along with a G17 spare mag will give me an additional 5 rounds on my person and is compatible with the Sub 2K if I decide to toss in in the vehicle.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I ordered a holster for my G19 or 19X with the PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie. It arrived today which was blazing fast service and delivery (from Utah to Florida). Very impressed.

Son and I went for a walk this afternoon. Decided to carry the G19.5FS instead of the P365 for a change of pace. I forgot I was even wearing it until we started talking about guns. Very pleased.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

David wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:33 am
Horskinator wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:55 pm
ratf51 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:16 pm Those are really nice!

With that said and by comparison my post here has "performance issues" stamped all over it-- I have ordered a Sig P365. It may take 2-3 weeks to get here but the deed is done.
P365 is a nice gun. Congrats on the purchase..... Here is my M17.
What was the difference between the M17 and M18 again? Which has the larger capacity, or are they the same? How are these different from 'normal' P320 pistols? Any of the same issues that the P320 had?

I like the MS on the M17. And I've always been a fan of the ability to have different grip modules.
David,

The M17 is full size and the M18 is compact. They have same capacities and barrel length is the difference between the two. No issues with either of mine . Biggest difference is the marking on the slide (M17) manual safety and before the new slides were available was the slide pvd finish.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Thank you sir. Glad they're running good for you. :)

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I almost got an M17....
Mac66
Board Founder

New Henry Golden Boy

Post by Mac66 »

So...I belong to a group called Mich Gun Owners or MGO for short. it's basically just a state wide forum but they occasionally do things. Joined as a paying member a few years ago and worked their booth at the Outdoorama last February. I put in about 20 hours over that weekend.

It turns out that those hours were put into a drawing with other volunteers. I was surprised to learn yesterday that my name was picked. I had completely forgotten about the drawing and never knew what the prize was which I picked up today. :o

Prize is a Henry Golden Boy 22 lever action rifle with the MGO logo etched on it. Kind of a cool little rifle made of walnut and brass. :D

David
Administrator

Post by David »

That is awesome and a really nice surprise and rifle to win! Congrats. Shoot be an exceptionally sweet shooter. And it's a good looking rifle as well. Enjoy my man :)

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:02 pm That is awesome and a really nice surprise and rifle to win! Congrats. Shoot be an exceptionally sweet shooter. And it's a good looking rifle as well. Enjoy my man :)
Kinda blingy for my taste but okay, I'll take it. :D

The action is really, really smooth no doubt due to it being brass.* The trigger is about 3.5lbs and really smooth as well. It does seem heavy for a 22. Specs say 1/4 lb heavier than the all blue steel model but that could also be the octagon barrel.

I also just learned that it shoots short, longs and LRs. If it shoots those it should also shoot Super Colibre primer fired which is about half way between a short and long in length. Very quiet and they are my favorite for pest control.

Going up to the new house on Wed. Probably take it along and shoot it.

*just learned that the receiver is "brasslite" not solid brass. It is apparently brass covered Zamak which is a zinc alloy. Zamak is same stuff the Ruger Wrangler is made of.
Mac66
Board Founder

New Henry Golden Boy

Post by Mac66 »

I shot the Henry up at my property yesterday. It is very smooth, accurate and fun to shoot.