Storm season 2021

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
David
Administrator

Re: Storm season 2021

Post by David »

Yes. Down to a depression because it's hitting the mountain ranges on the island. Forecast to go back to a TS. Some will depend on the mountain's on the east end of Cuba interacting with the storm.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

We've been getting hammered by thunder storms the last week or so including last night. Flooding, power outages, downed trees etc. I personally haven't lost power (yet) but there is 500K in the area w/o power. I'm talking SE Michigan. Need to go file up the gas cans to make sure I have gas for the gen set.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Still a depression after hitting the high mountains. Forecast to strengthen back into a TS today. Lot of rain the next few days...but then we’ve had thunderstorms almost every day anyway. It’s that time of the year.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

We had storms come through on Thursday night. Lost power for about two hours, was about ready to break out the generator and the power came back on.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Fred has moved a lot further west than they forecast, over land in Cuba as well. That's good for Cuba as the storm has stayed sub-tropical in strength and good for our area. Another storm is behind it.

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Preps all good - I have no reason to do anything....back to Netflix!
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

just doing same... rotating normal items like store gas, etc
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

We've been blessed that these recent storms have stayed weak. Very happy about that.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Weather seems to keep coming out very favorably, which is a good thing. Last I read on Grace, it was heading towards Mexico.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Yep, about to cross over the Yucatan peninsula heading west.