Glock thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Quasar86

Re: Glock

Post by Quasar86 »

Lately I've become very concerned about the spectre of worsening gun bans and attempts at confiscation. My focus has gone to building the Polymer 80 Glock clones.. Very easy, teaches the inner workings of the weapon so one can completely strip it down in seconds to replace/repair if needed and no FFL required yet. The trend is changing however as California now requires frames to be serialized and sent to dealers while Pennsylvania just passed a law to do the same. Stamford CT passed a law in July banning mere possession of them which is surely to fail any constitutional challenge.

Clones that can now be built are the G26,27 subcompact (9 mm/40 S & W), G19/23 compact, G17/21full size and the G20/21 full size in .45 ACP/10 mm (requires only a barrel swap to shoot both calibers).
For those seeking to be a "Gray Man" I think this is part of that model.
Steve
"I've learned much from 32 years of military and 35 years of medicine"
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

For those who believe that .Gov can't pressure such a small company into giving up the customer list...I have a bridge in Brooklyn. Cheap.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:33 am For those who believe that .Gov can't pressure such a small company into giving up the customer list...I have a bridge in Brooklyn. Cheap.
Who is the small company and what customer list?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Polymer 80 Clones - whoever makes them.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:17 pm Polymer 80 Clones - whoever makes them.
Ah, gotcha. I’ve no experience with that part of the market.
tom mac wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:51 am All depends where you live... Buy just the barrels for a G20 gives you a 40s&w, 357sig, and the other 9mm .
In NY, it's such a pain to reg a new gun but parts are no issue. ( tho legally your suppose to reg the "new" caliper with the same serial number )
Yes, NY sucks
Sounds like big brother is really intrusive up there, when really, it’s none of his business. Things may change though...
Bob wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:17 pm I am not a fan. Never liked the feel of them, any gen. I have a Glock 23 w/ 9mm conversion, just because cheap and I feel like it's good to be familiar given the predominance in the market.

Never had any problems with the conversion or .40 mags w/ 9mm. And - it's nice to have .40 option, not that I care.
If you ever want to trade I’ll swap you a really nice shotgun with extras :D

Been toying with the idea of trading off my 500 and 870. They’re great platforms but I’m worried about shooting them, even with low recoil rounds, an having an issue kick off.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I have one Glock, a 2nd generation model 22 with a 9mm conversion barrel. That's enough for me, have one Glock, got them all. LOL. I do have a poly 80 frame that will work with my 22 or a G17. Been collecting components for a G19/23 build but haven't bought the Poly 80 frame yet.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

No - but I'll buy that Muddy Girl LCP anytime you $200 for another Glock!

Gonna start modding that G23 this month.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

You're really after that little LCP aren't you :D

Keep an eye on Armslist. You can probably pick one up easy for less than $200. Make sure it is post-2013 as they made some changes after that date. If the serial number has no dashes it is post-2013.

Strayz

Post by Strayz »

While not a fanboy of the glock, I do own 2 a 19 and a P80 CL. The reason I purchased both were I already have a dozen happy sticks and around 8-10 of the 15 round mags for AR's platform and the Ruger PC9.

While they go bang, I can say I still do not like the ergos, even the P80 frame feel clunky. I have one of the trigger kits a threaded barrel and true dot sites on the P80 the G19 is basically stick bought it used, so not really out and serious cash. I still feel Meh about it but again going to keep them around because of magazine compatibility.

Not going to sell them because firearms are like "Widows Gold" Keep until you need emergency cash then sell a few off to get you through the tough times.

For EDC I will stick to my P365 and VP9.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Strayz wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:44 pm For EDC I will stick to my P365 and VP9.
I've owned a VP9SK (and four P30SK) and they were really nice, comfortable shooting pistols. I currently have three P365's and that's what I carry. I would like to see Glock come out with a comparable pistol to the P365 though, with the same capacity options available (10, 12 and 15). They would have to redesign their magazines though in order to accomplish that.

I still don't understand why the 10-round 43X magazine doesn't fit in the G43? To me, that would have made the G43 a LOT more attractive. Although I wasn't a big fan of the 6+1 capacity, having 10-round 43X compatible back up mags would have made me more comfortable with the platform. I think Glock screwed up on this.