Panic buying at walmar?

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: Panic buying at walmar?

Post by Bmyers »

Was at Walmart over the weekend and the workers were busy restocking all the shelves. I didn't see anyone panic buying, but did notice more of crowd there for 6AM on a Saturday.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:15 am Was at Walmart over the weekend and the workers were busy restocking all the shelves. I didn't see anyone panic buying, but did notice more of crowd there for 6AM on a Saturday.
I was at Costco yesterday and noticed that in the back of the store where the water and paper products are located they had more water on pallets than I can remember seeing. Maybe a dozen large pallets filled with water bottles. Probably double plus what they normally stock.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Wife just came home from work and she stopped by Walmart and it was a ZOO! Lots of empty shelves, people everywhere. Workers were trying to stock shelves, but was out of most items.
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

Bmyers wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:14 pm Wife just came home from work and she stopped by Walmart and it was a ZOO! Lots of empty shelves, people everywhere. Workers were trying to stock shelves, but was out of most items.
What area are you near?

Yes, I'm in the Phoenix area now. And the SuperCenter had low shelves on many products today.

But the Walmart Market I went to yesterday was very quiet and was well stocked!

I went to Albertsons for some club soda and it too was quiet and well stocked.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

You can tell the people that watch the nightly MSM news from the one’s that don’t waste their time.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

We are just across the river from St. Louis, Mo, in southern Illinois.
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

Panic buying has begun in my area ... crowded and empty shelves.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

and they call preppers stupid :)
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

My wife called and had them fill another month of her medication at CVS so I popped out to pick it up this morning. Topped of the gas tank at Costco while I was out. This was a few minutes prior to them opening up the main store. The line was literally from the door waiting to get in all the way down the side of the building to the end. Went over to Aldi which is in the same parking lot to grab some bananas and such and it was very busy as well. After I got done I decided to head over to Costco to grab some cat food and it was, as expected, packed. Every register was manned. People were generally friendly but you could see a lot of concern on many of the people's faces. Most grabbing water and TP and I have a couple of bags of cat food and a chicken that had just came out. :D

Hopefully it will wake up a good % of people to stay prepared after this one is over. And thankfully we're good so if I go to the store it's for odds and ends.

tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

David wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:44 am Hopefully it will wake up a good % of people to stay prepared after this one is over. And thankfully we're good so if I go to the store it's for odds and ends.

Would like to think so, but I've found out over the years it's a short memory span.... till the next time and people will be out doing the same.

Only sad part is we have to wait till things die down for restocking... prices will drop again.
You can't fix stupid !