Coronavirus

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
David
Administrator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by David »

Your funny Bob, you don’t trust .gov but you trust .pharma. :mrgreen:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Just because it is government doesn't mean it is true. And just because it is big Pharma doesn't mean it is false.

And - now the truth starts coming out....

80% of deaths are 60 yrs old and over. Everyone settle down....put the N95's back, cancel the orders. Nothing to see here but Chinese misinformation and media hype, m as WHO tries to seem relevant.
bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

I routinely avoid crowds and clean all the doorknobs at home and on the car. However, I just set up another alcohol sprayer and bought another gallon of 70% alcohol (you need 91% to do any medical work). I will move some disposable gloves into the car and use them at gasoline pumps.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

bdc wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:14 am I will move some disposable gloves into the car and use them at gasoline pumps.
Good idea. I always use hand sanitizer after using the gas pump.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

The new Chinese hospitals look more like prisons the more pictures I see of them.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

My 93 year old mother was just in the hospital due to some residual hip pain from a fall several weeks ago. I was surprised to see when visiting her that the hospital was passing out face masks upon entering and most people were wearing them. The last place you want to send your 93 year old mother for anything is a hospital if you can help it (there are sick people there) but that's the first time I've ever seen a hosp issue PPEs to anyone on a whole scale basis. As far as I know the flu isn't particularly prevalent in our area this year and no CV has been reported so go figure.
bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

A U.K. researcher said a breakthrough has been made that cut the development time for a vaccine from two years to three years to 14 days, Sky News reported.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Interesting i wonder if this breakthrough will be able to be used on all vaccines?
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Doctor who sounded alarm on coronavirus dies

https://www.foxnews.com/health/doctor-s ... virus-dies

He was 34 years old.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

WUHAN, China — Comparing the struggle to contain the new coronavirus to mobilization for war, the Chinese authorities announced plans on Thursday to force a growing number of desperate residents into quarantine in overflowing hospitals or makeshift shelters with limited medical equipment.

Sun Chunlan, a vice premier responsible for leading the response to the outbreak, said the health authorities in Wuhan, the city at the epicenter of the outbreak, should go to each home to check the temperatures of every resident and interview the close contacts of any infected patients — working in shifts around the clock.

The city and country face “wartime conditions,” she said during a visit to Wuhan. “There must be no deserters, or they will be nailed to the pillar of historical shame forever.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/06/worl ... ntine.html