Newest gun or latest upgrade

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by Mac66 »

At the cabin right now. Picked up and shot the LC9s Pro yesterday. The trigger makes a big difference in making consistent hits on target. Shot 100 rounds through it. It's a keeper. Im very happy with it.

Came with 2 mags and rubber grips. $200.

Photos when I get home.

LC9-Double action trigger. Manual thumb safety, mag disconnect/safety, pop up loaded indicator, lockable with key, came with 1 7 round mag. (I added, Hogue grip, belt clip, 9 round mag)

LC9s Pro-Striker fired, no mag safety, manual safety or key lock. Came with 2-7 rnd mags. (Previous owner added stick on rubber Talon? grips).
Last edited by Mac66 on Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:49 am At the cabin right now. Picked up and shot the LC9s Pro yesterday. The trigger makes a big difference in making consistent hits on target. Shot 100 rounds through it. It's a keeper. Im very happy with it.

Came with 2 mags and rubber grips. $200.

Photos when I get home.
I knew you'd like that trigger. Smooth a pretty light, but not too light. Glad you like it.

Decided my P30 needed a little brother so I picked up a P30sk V3 this afternoon. It's an LEO model so it came with three 10-rounders and night sights. Deal also had a fourth 10-rounder and fifth 15-rounder. Three of the four 10-rounders had pinky extensions added. Total of $550 into the deal so I felt pretty good about it. This one has a CA code so it was produced this year. Still have a mag holder from when I had other P30sk's so I'll just need to pick up a holster and then I think I'll put it into the carry rotation. Which is now easy to do since I don't have to qualify with a carry weapon anymore since I've retired. Been looking forward to that.

I'm sure the Sig P365 will continue to be the main EDC as it is simply a lot smaller, lighter and a bit higher in capacity. But it will be nice to toss it on when the mood strikes me. Same with my G26.

My new P30sk with my P30. Both are V3 DA/SA.

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

So, in retirement, Dave has became an arms dealer....
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:23 pm So, in retirement, Dave has became an arms dealer....
No, but he's definitely started liking HK :D
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Geez, I'm starting to buy and swap guns like Dave!

Just picked up a Ruger Security Six 357 in polished stainless. It has a 2.75" bbl. I traded a pistol I had no use for so it was a good deal. A 4" Stainless Security 6 was the first magnum revolver I bought when I got a job on a small rural PD in 1977. It was around $120 and I had to borrow $100 from my brother. I regret selling it later but always liked the 6s. They are basically bomb proof and I like them better than the newer Ruger SP and GP models. Found this one on a local forum where the owner responded to a "Want To Buy". The guy looking wanted a blue one but I PM'd the guy and after talking back and forth came to a deal.

This thing brings back memories and I always wanted and liked the 2.75" version. Will make a prefect walk in the woods gun. I recently loaded some bear loads which are a little too hot for my Dan Wesson. We'll see when I take it to the cabin next week. I think I still have speed loaders and a pair of rubber grips for it.

It is a bit shiny for my tastes. The owner polished it up. But it is a good looking pistol. Serial number indicates it was made in 1982

I've since added a pair of Pachmyer grips to it. They are a little large for concealed carry but tame the recoil some.
Last edited by Mac66 on Mon May 04, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ratf51
Board Founder

Post by ratf51 »

Nice revolver! Looks like you made a really good deal.

You can always put some duck tape on it to tone the shine down but still leave it a nice silver/grey. :lol:
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Nice looking pistol.

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

A great old wheelgun. I agree that polished stainless is a little garish, but not a deal breaker
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Ronin.45 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:39 pm A great old wheelgun. I agree that polished stainless is a little garish, but not a deal breaker
Apparently the way to return it to the brushed stainless look is to use scotch brite pads on it to scuff it up. I may eventually do that. It would be easy to repolish/buff it out if I didn't like the brushed look.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Like I posted in the HK thread, picked up a complete HK USP Compact slide in 40 S&W this morning. Came with one mag. So now the USPc is a 2-in-1 pistol with 9mm and 40 S&W slide. I'd been thinking about getting back into a Glock 23 since I like 40 and enjoyed carrying one years ago. But I just don't like the finger grooves on a compact Glock. I can shoot it fine, just not a comfortable grip for me. So when I got the USPc a while back it opened up the possibility to have a G23 sized pistol without finger grooves and with a DA/SA and thumb safety/decocker which I like. Now I'll need to pick up a couple more 40 mags for it and decide if I want to swap the night sights from the 9mm slide or just get new ones.