Why did you chose your EDC pistol/revolver?

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Gnepig
Board Founder

Re: Why did you chose your EDC pistol/revolver?

Post by Gnepig »

David wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:08 am
Gnepig wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:40 am The little Sig, it goes everywhere unnoticed. I even carry the extra mag in a cargo pocket.
Gene, get one of those Ammo Armor mag cases! $9.99 and protects the mag when you carry it in the pocket.

https://ammo-armor.com/sig-sauer/sig-sauer-p938/

Thanx Dave, I now have two of those on the way...
... Just a Dude...
David
Administrator

Post by David »

You bet :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Gnepig wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:33 am
David wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:08 am
Gnepig wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:40 am The little Sig, it goes everywhere unnoticed. I even carry the extra mag in a cargo pocket.
Gene, get one of those Ammo Armor mag cases! $9.99 and protects the mag when you carry it in the pocket.

https://ammo-armor.com/sig-sauer/sig-sauer-p938/

Thanx Dave, I now have two of those on the way...
Here's the Ammo Armor for my LCP magazine next to a Zippo lighter for size comparison. :)

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Now that I'm retired I no longer have to adhere to a specific off-duty pistol or caliber. I'll very likely continue to carry my Sig P365 the majority of the time since it checks a lot of boxes. And I have it all set up with a TLR-6.

However, kinda nice that I can now carry anything I want in any caliber that I want. I really enjoy my HK P2000 in 40 S&W and I'm kinda interested in a P2000sk or a USPc in 40 S&W. And of course if they were to come out with a G23 in Gen 5 I'd likely be all over it.

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Carryability was priority number one. Not easy/pleasant to carry, not gonna. Florida is the AO, so warm and light clothing.
9mm was number 2 - that ruled out quite a few when combined with number one.
Finally, quality/reliability.

Walther PPS is the actual. It was always on the short list since it's introduction.

HK P2000sk was there, and HK P7, of course, also made the short list. Many more choices in slim 9 now. Ruger LCP and thin Glocks could have easily been there today.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

If Glock was capable of making a thin 9mm with the capacity of the P365 (with OEM mags) then I would be interested. Jury is still out on the aftermarket mags imo. I used to carry either a G23, G19 or G26 and to be honest I carried my first Glock with was a 17. I 'could' do it again, but yeah, in the Florida summer it isn't all that appealing. Although I got a lot of use with my CCW-style fanny pack in years past and still have it.

To bad HK doesn't make something along the lines of the P365. It's not that I'm really a Sig-fan, it's just that the P365 does check a lot of boxes.

I could see if I were out on a road trip or something having my P365 on me and another pistol in that fanny pack for a secondary. That would make sense. Although it would make more sense if both those pistols used the same caliber ammo and had compatible magazines. In that case I'd currently have to look to the HK's like the P30 and USPc which, IIRC, use compatible magazines.

If I picked up a P2000sk in 40 S&W then I could carry it and have the full sized P2000 as secondary since it's also 40 S&W. Or pick up a P30SK to go with the P30.

My main point is now I'm retired I have lots of choices :)