Paul Harrell

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: Paul Harrell

Post by Mac66 »

Paul fell off the track in that last video. He started well talking about what one gun to choose then got into a long debate about the 38 super vs. 9mm. Really...38 super?
Last edited by Mac66 on Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:22 am Paul feel off the track in that last video. He started well talking about what one gun to choose then got into a long debate about the 38 super vs. 9mm. Really...38 super?
Agreed. My first thought was the general availability of each round. If it were a true 'one gun' scenario, I'd want that gun to be in a caliber that was common, plentiful and varied.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

The 'One gun" scenarios are always fun mental exercises, but as always, the details matter. One gun with no ammo availability problems is one choice. One gun if I might have to scavenge is another. And one gun if Blue Helmets is still another choice.

It's an exercise though. In reality, I can have as many guns as I can afford and carry.
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

The first video was real good and 37 minutes went by pretty fast but I fell asleep during the second. I learned some stuff tho.
... Just a Dude...
David
Administrator

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".