We didn't change anything

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Gnepig
Board Founder

Re: We didn't change anything

Post by Gnepig »

We haven't changed a thing here either. Since we don't go out or eat out any more we are actually saving money.
Over the years I might have been influenced here in one way or the other for some of the things we've acquired to help with what's going on... So yeah, Cool site!

Oh yeah, That Wmart ammo dump at the end of last year set us way up in that department but reading here lately has gotten me wanting to fire up the ole reloading plant again- I still have a tone of lead to process.
Maybe a little change.
... Just a Dude...
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:31 pm Perhaps a lot of folks thought that local L.E. would be heavily affected and they’d be on their own?

What reason did the ladies give for the change of heart?
I think it was the realization that anything can happen and that you need to be prepared to take care of yourself.

My daughter is 29, her cousins are all within a few years of her. Most are out on their own for the first time during a crisis. I'm sure they are feeling insecure.

There are benefits to having a CPL in Michigan which include borrowing and carrying handguns from other CPL holders.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Everyone has that light bulb moment in their lives. Fortunately they have you guys to lead them into a more self reliant path. I know I really enjoy it when I can help someone gain more confidence in some area of their lives. It is a very humbling and gratifying feeling being able to impart something to someone else.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Again - this has been a very interesting situation. All in all, extremely mild. Water & Electricity all running, gasoline available and cheap, and supply chain intact with a few minor shortages....

Not a big deal at all. It definitely has increased my carry % though. Stress can easily lead to violence.