Glock thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: Glock

Post by David »

Well when you put it that way... :D
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

"Big Announcement" coming from Glock today.

We are days away from the Something Big Is Coming GLOCK live event on December 10th, 2019 and speculation is running wild. Appalachian Mountain Club-esque image teasers bring to mind exploration, trailblazing and adventure. Personally, I’ve heard some fantastically wild guesses ranging from a polymer 1911 and a new line of revolvers to a lever-action rifle. Fear not, 12/10/2019 is just around the corner, and our wait will be over.

There will be a few of you that will be underwhelmed no matter what the announcement brings. On the other hand, the overwhelming majority of shooters worldwide will buy multiple copies – be it GLOCK microfiber scarves or GLOCK double barrel shotguns – in short order.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... thing-big/
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Interesting to say the least. Personally, I'm hoping Glock starts offering Gen 5 in 40 S&W, although I'm not sure how likely that is in the current market and perhaps would not be considered a 'big thing'. But since they do make a Gen 5 Glock 22 for LEO contract (Brazil) perhaps a Glock 23.5 for purchase in the civilian market is down the road?

Perhaps a PCC? That would be big news. A small G43 sized pistol with a metal mag that provides 10+ rounds would be big news i.e. a 365-Glock.

Well, not long to wait now...
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

I can imagine the G44 in 22lr will sell like hotcakes. The fanboys will buy it because it's a new Glock. The folks that want a "training" gun that mirrors their primary will love it.
I prefer my rimfires in more of a target configuration. All metal for stabilizing weight, threaded for a suppressor, and optic ready.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Buy more guns for the Christmas Holiday. :)
You can't fix stupid !
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Ronin.45 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:06 am I can imagine the G44 in 22lr will sell like hotcakes. The fanboys will buy it because it's a new Glock. The folks that want a "training" gun that mirrors their primary will love it.
I prefer my rimfires in more of a target configuration. All metal for stabilizing weight, threaded for a suppressor, and optic ready.
Yup, they've obviously been keeping track of the market what with the Taurus tx22 taking off, which is g19 sized. Still, the Taurus is high capacity, has a threaded barrel and Is significantly cheaper. But a glock is a glock and some people can't help themselves. ;)
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Looks like they are going to offer the new 44 with a threaded barrel. If they also do an optic cut I'll be much more interested. The base gun doesn't do much for me.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I am not a fan. Never liked the feel of them, any gen. I have a Glock 23 w/ 9mm conversion, just because cheap and I feel like it's good to be familiar given the predominance in the market.

Never had any problems with the conversion or .40 mags w/ 9mm. And - it's nice to have .40 option, not that I care.

However - in the grand scheme of things they are a fine pistol. I think they totally nailed the full, compact, sub sizing. And the poly/striker thing (which they stole from HK) is just great. Reliable, cheap, simple, durable, and a caliber/size to fit everyone. They missed the boat on slim single stack compared to many others, but they are on that now also. Hard to argue. Perfection? Meh. But they are the definition of a price-performer.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:17 pm They missed the boat on slim single stack compared to many others, but they are on that now also.
I think overall they still missed the mark on the single-stack 9mm's. The G43 is a solid pistol and has it's fan base. I did like the one I had a while back. But in the end, it is on the low end of capacity and high end of size compared to the competition. I've compared it to the Ruger LC9s which I really like. Smaller, thinner and lighter than the G43 yet standard 7-round mag with 9-round option. For about half the price. Doesn't mean it's not a good pistol. Like I said, very solid. But as we've discussed, the design of the polymer magazine limits what they can do with the design. The 43X and G48 are also solid pistols but again, they are both in the opposite direction of what the market has to offer for single-stack 9mm's.

If Glock could design a pistol to equal the P365/Hellcat in terms of capacity and size they'd sell a gazillion.

As far as full, compact and double-stack subcompact though they are at a very dominant place in the market right now for solid reasons.

tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

All depends where you live... Buy just the barrels for a G20 gives you a 40s&w, 357sig, and the other 9mm .
In NY, it's such a pain to reg a new gun but parts are no issue. ( tho legally your suppose to reg the "new" caliper with the same serial number )
Yes, NY sucks
You can't fix stupid !