Cruise or no cruise?

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: Cruise or no cruise?

Post by tom mac »

Smart move... My Mom is 91 and still mobile. Don't want her to catch anything
You can't fix stupid !
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Both sets of our parents are 93 & 94.

That being said my brother and his wife are on a cruise right now which left before the panic. They are going to have to self isolate themselves for up to 14 days when the get back. Fortunately they're both retired.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Just became a moot point. Royal Caribbean, Celebrity & related cruise lines have canceled cruises for 30 days.
kirgi08
Board Founder

Post by kirgi08 »

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

If you look like food you will be eaten.

I'd rather have and not need it,as to need and not have it.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Well, I'm home. Drove all the way from Florida to Michigan today. 1100+ miles in just under 16 hours.

Latest from the cruise world....A guy who was on a cruise before my brother's came down with the virus. He was sick the last 5 days but didn't tell anyone. He then flew home to Canada. It is very likely that he infected other passengers and crew members not to mention airline crews and airline passengers. It is very likely that they in turn infected other cruise and airline passengers. My brother just got off the ship today. Rather than fly home he and his wife canceled their flights and are driving home with friends who drove down. This should limit exposure to others depending on how often they plan on stopping. They plan on self isolating themselves when they get home.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

That's how it happens, someone knows that their sick and hides it so that they aren't inconvenienced, without regard to other people.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Did we really even have to have this discussion about a cruise ship? Should have been 2 pages of "No"

Too many people, too confined a space, from too many countries. That said - glad to hear you were not worried because of prep #1: Good health/fit!