Sig thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Strayz

Re: Sig

Post by Strayz »

David wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:02 pm Been thinking about the P365XL. A buddy of mine had one and I got the chance to handle it during the required after shift show-n-tell. Felt great and I couldn’t find a drawback on it.
The mag compatibility is nice too.

I have been considering it as well. Downside if you put a RDS on it the smaller p365 will not have the RDS.

The RDS is why I am thinking of getting as I am slowly transitioning my carry pieces to RDS. Old eyes make red dots kinda easyier.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Re: Sig thread

Post by David »

Well, tell me how I did...

Sig P226 Equinox in 40 S&W. Also came with a OEM 357sig barrel and a total of five 12-round magazines. $650 from a private seller on AL. Night sights still work although they are a bit on the dim side compared to new. But still functional. Seems tight and in very good condition. I’ve shot but never owned a P226. Looking online a OEM 357sig barrel is on average around $150+/-. 12-round mags look to be around $39. I ‘think’ I did fine from what I’m seeing online. I like 40 S&W and wanted another one, the 357sig was a little bonus.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:24 pm Well, tell me how I did...

Sig P226 Equinox in 40 S&W. Also came with a OEM 357sig barrel and a total of five 12-round magazines. $650 from a private seller on AL. Night sights still work although they are a bit on the dim side compared to new. But still functional. Seems tight and in very good condition. I’ve shot but never owned a P226. Looking online a OEM 357sig barrel is on average around $150+/-. 12-round mags look to be around $39. I ‘think’ I did fine from what I’m seeing online. I like 40 S&W and wanted another one, the 357sig was a little bonus.
I already responded over on GT, but you know my feelings by now. I don't get the constant changing of calibers, brands, and manual of arms. I'm much more into keeping things simple. Assuming you hang onto this one for a while, you'll have money tied up in at least one holster, probably new night sights, and goofy ammo to play with both barrels. From my viewpoint of prepping, that's all wasted money.
I know the buying, trading, and accessorizing is a big part of the hobby for you, so if it makes you happy, I'm happy.
I've mostly gone the other way with limiting calibers and having accessories that work with multiple weapons and even platforms. Just different mentalities.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Don’t hold back :mrgreen:

Like you mentioned on GT, you don’t like Sig, DA/SA or either caliber. And that’s fine. One perspective is to limit platforms and calibers and it’s a sound strategy. Nothing at all wrong with it. That was me for a long time. Mostly Glock and mostly 9mm. And I still like and have several Glocks and plenty of 9mm platforms. But I like DA/SA hammer-fired pistols and the recent HK additions, and now the P226 I have several to enjoy. To be honest, I think I like hammer-fired pistols more than striker-fired, though I have no issues with striker-fired.

As far as caliber, I have always liked 40 S&W and now three of my pistols use this caliber so I have some over-lapping, which from a prepping viewpoint, I like. 357sig...meh, but two of the pistols came with the barrels so what the heck, I have them and will try them out. In my opinion, if someone likes 40 S&W this is the time to get them.

And through a series of good ole fashion horse trading I’ve traded up from platforms like S&W Shields and Ruger LC9s pistols (which are good pistols) to HK’s and Sig. At least I feel like I’ve traded up overall. And still have several Glocks.

I feel pretty good about the last few months of purchases and trades.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

I know you can take it😆

Different opinions and methodology is why we have these discussions.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ronin.45 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:48 pm I know you can take it😆

Different opinions and methodology is why we have these discussions.
That’s what makes it fun ;)

The Gen 5 Glock 19 I bought last November for $350 I sold a couple of days ago for $600. I put night sights on for less than $75 so I had say $425 into it. Add in the $50 I added for the Sig and really the Sig only cost me $475. Not bad for a P226 with two barrels and 5 mags.

Feel like I’m WAY ahead with all my dealing which means it’s time to stop. Now to just concentrate on ammo and shooting.

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

I was in the middle of setting up a group buy of ammo for my club. Too bad these Corona panickers are buying everything up. 9mm prices jumped up $30 a case from Tuesday to Wednesday here. I wasn't expecting the toilet paper craze to jump to ammo. Shooting a virus is usually not very effective.
JDH

Post by JDH »

M11A1, it is NCIS's fault.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Where are the cool Grey wood grips that usually come on those Equinox?
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:35 am Where are the cool Grey wood grips that usually come on those Equinox?
They're more of a deep wood color. Doesn't show up well in the photo.