VIDEO OF MY POUCH & BAG

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
David
Administrator

Re: VIDEO OF MY POUCH & BAG

Post by David »

aerynsun wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:00 am I'd take a look at two areas - food - consider that if you are walking for hours you would need in the area of 3,000 calories per day at least, more would be better. A power bar is 240 calories. You need calorie dense food.
This is where those SOS food bars would really come in handy. 2400 calories in an easy to consume form. Many don't make you thirsty either.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

David wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:54 am
Bob wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:23 am I have in fact used it. Works fine.
How long did it take to charge up using the solar power panel? The one I got just wouldn't do it. I had it in the direct Florida sun day after day after day and the dial just didn't move. I see many of these type banks list that solar is for emergency use only and that it takes 80+ hours to charge. Reviews are generally unfavorable. If your bank charges up in the sun in a decent time I'd like to know what kind it is and where you got it.
Not sure. I'll run a test. Stay tuned.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Aery -

I live in mid/southern Florida. Water is not a problem. As for food - If I believe it is needed, I toss it in the bag. If I believe a 9mm is needed, I toss it in the bag.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Good stuff...I'm revamping my 511 Push Pack based on this. I tend to be a minimalist for weight purposes so try not to be too redundant. The nice thing about the Push Pack is that it has two water bottle pouches.

I also have an old Camel Back Blowfish that I use while riding my bike. It has a water bladder that hold 3 liters and I have small survival and FAKs for it as well. I think it is easier to carry than the over the shoulder push pack. I keep enough stuff to stay overnight in case I get stranded on my bike.

Next up is a smallish tactical pack. It is bigger than the Camel Back. Holds 22 liters. It think it is called the Condor compact assault pack. It has a pouch for a bladder. Can carry some clothes and I have have small survival and FAKs made up for it as well. I often use it for short day hikes.

Finally is my Opspry Talon 33. I carried it in Hawaii, the Appalachian trail and on the Inca trail in Peru. It is more of a day pack but it holds 33 liters so it can be used for over nighters as well. I used it 4 days on the Inca trail. It also accommodates a 3L bladder and has 2 water bottle pouches. I've been using it as a carry on bag when flying as I keep enough essential stuff in it in case I get stranded somewhere. Often use it as a day/shore excursion bag when on cruises.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:24 am Good stuff...I'm revamping my 511 Push Pack based on this. I tend to be a minimalist for weight purposes so try not to be too redundant. The nice thing about the Push Pack is that it has two water bottle pouches.
Your 511 is very similar to one of the Maxpedition Fatboy bags that Bob and I have on page one. All these are great bags. I use mine for day hikes. I had a cheaper version a few years ago but it just didn't stand up like a 511 or Maxpedition. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.
Mac66 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:24 am Next up is a smallish tactical pack. It is bigger than the Camel Back. Holds 22 liters. It think it is called the Condor compact assault pack. It has a pouch for a bladder. Can carry some clothes and I have have small survival and FAKs made up for it as well. I often use it for short day hikes.
I have a no-name version of this one that I'm using for my Pistol/SBR/Rifle Go-bag.

http://sepboard.us/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=290
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".