Newest gun or latest upgrade

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by David »

Picture of Bob's Glock...

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:31 pm Picture of Bob's Glock...

That's pretty much what I was picturing too😂
ratf51
Board Founder

Post by ratf51 »

Yowza! :lol: ;)
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

You'd be amazed at what you can do with a Dremel tool, a wood burner, some gold Krylon, and a little patience.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

And just for the record....

That's a G17 mag in there. I'm definitely gonna get some +5 extensions. So far:

Double Diamond 9mm conversion barrel w/ threaded barrel/nut
Flared Magwell and 4oz weight inside backstab
And an Aluminum endplate for no reason

Next up - slide stop
Then extended Mag release

Need some +5 mag extensions.
Definitely thinking about sights now. Love the front sight on my S&W Victory.
Maybe a Tungsten rod
Perhaps a muzzle brake!

This is fun!!!!
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Needs more cowbell😁
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Had my wife's new Shield EZ up at the property today. She initially had trouble with it stovepiping until I adjusted her grip. She was limp wristing it. Once we got it running it was reliable through a box of ammo. It was cold with about 6" of snow on the ground. She doesn't do cold and wet well but we were there to meet the builder to go over the site plan for the new house. I shot it as well. She thought, once she figured out her grip, that it would make a good HD gun. Recoil was pretty mild and it was easy to load, rack and use. I ran three or four mags through it on the steel targets. It is very easy to shoot fast on multiple targets, virtually no recoil. It was kinda fun to shoot, you really don't have to bear down on it to control recoil.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Ronin.45 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:38 pm Needs more cowbell😁
I literally have a cowbell that says "More Cowbell" on it.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:54 pm Had my wife's new Shield EZ up at the property today. She initially had trouble with it stovepiping until I adjusted her grip. She was limp wristing it. Once we got it running it was reliable through a box of ammo. It was cold with about 6" of snow on the ground. She doesn't do cold and wet well but we were there to meet the builder to go over the site plan for the new house. I shot it as well. She thought, once she figured out her grip, that it would make a good HD gun. Recoil was pretty mild and it was easy to load, rack and use. I ran three or four mags through it on the steel targets. It is very easy to shoot fast on multiple targets, virtually no recoil. It was kinda fun to shoot, you really don't have to bear down on it to control recoil.
I've seen the stovepiping issue mentioned a couple of times before. A bit of a concern I suppose. If it is easily corrected then perhaps it's okay. The recoil is the thing I'm most interested in for her. If it's a lot less than a similar sized 9mm then this may be a very good option for her.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:56 am
Mac66 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:54 pm Had my wife's new Shield EZ up at the property today. She initially had trouble with it stovepiping until I adjusted her grip. She was limp wristing it. Once we got it running it was reliable through a box of ammo. It was cold with about 6" of snow on the ground. She doesn't do cold and wet well but we were there to meet the builder to go over the site plan for the new house. I shot it as well. She thought, once she figured out her grip, that it would make a good HD gun. Recoil was pretty mild and it was easy to load, rack and use. I ran three or four mags through it on the steel targets. It is very easy to shoot fast on multiple targets, virtually no recoil. It was kinda fun to shoot, you really don't have to bear down on it to control recoil.
I've seen the stovepiping issue mentioned a couple of times before. A bit of a concern I suppose. If it is easily corrected then perhaps it's okay. The recoil is the thing I'm most interested in for her. If it's a lot less than a similar sized 9mm then this may be a very good option for her.
My wife is pretty small with tiny hands. Large guns or those with a lot of recoil are difficult for her to shoot. It's usually one and done. Once she got the hang of it, the EZ was easy for her to shoot. She was surprised that the recoil was very manageable and the gun so comfortable to shoot. The only thing that concerns me is the grip safety. It does affect one's grip. You have to really, really depress it. I may have to disable it since it also has a thumb safety but I think a few more range sessions are needed for her to work out her grip. I'm confident the EZ will become her primary HD and carry gun when she gets her carry permit.