So...how about those gas prices!

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
David
Administrator

Re: So...how about those gas prices!

Post by David »

I would suggest that Biden had nothing to do with it specifically, but his party and the left did have a hand in it for two reasons; first, Dorrito went woke and a LOT of people stopped buying them. That hit their bottom line. Strike two came in the current inflation situation in which it costs more to make/ship a product. So less demand and increased production cost.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

It is amazing how fast gas prices go up when something happens in a oil producing nation. Even when it dosn't effect how much oil is in the system.

Funny thing, we have literally more oil than any other nation than the middle east. Good old democrats shut it down going all in on "Green" Energy. They killed everything trump had started and now we reap our rewards. I remind people voting has consequences.

How much old do we get from Russia? Less than 8% of our usage. From the middle east? Less than 3%.

Maybe we should open Alaska and North Dakota to production again, and change the laws about selling oil outside of our own country. We could have gas pricess back where they were 3 years ago. A lot of the price fixing is from the oil companies. The politicians also have a good sized hand in it as well. I was beside myself last week when I talked to an oil worker on the north slope when he said they are running at 20% of capacity due to not being able to start or start new well heads on the north slope.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I would agree, we need to seriously consider the policy on exporting. If we are "running short" of oil in our nation, then why would we allow any of it to be exported?
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

Strayz wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:32 pm It is amazing how fast gas prices go up when something happens in a oil producing nation. Even when it dosn't effect how much oil is in the system.

Funny thing, we have literally more oil than any other nation than the middle east. Good old democrats shut it down going all in on "Green" Energy. They killed everything trump had started and now we reap our rewards. I remind people voting has consequences.

How much old do we get from Russia? Less than 8% of our usage. From the middle east? Less than 3%.

Maybe we should open Alaska and North Dakota to production again, and change the laws about selling oil outside of our own country. We could have gas pricess back where they were 3 years ago. A lot of the price fixing is from the oil companies. The politicians also have a good sized hand in it as well. I was beside myself last week when I talked to an oil worker on the north slope when he said they are running at 20% of capacity due to not being able to start or start new well heads on the north slope.
That law on selling was changed.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

We won't be able to open Alaska, Russia wants it back and sadly with this administration, they might give it back to them.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/russia-alask ... -sanctions
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I noticed this morning, prices have dropped from $4.30 to $4.09. Needs to drop about $3 more and it will be at the correct price.
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

Bmyers wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:12 am We won't be able to open Alaska, Russia wants it back and sadly with this administration, they might give it back to them.

Yeah good luck with that.

Right now they think getting Ukraine is a pain in the a$$, try taking Alaska. I just laugh at the idea.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Bmyers wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:45 am I noticed this morning, prices have dropped from $4.30 to $4.09. Needs to drop about $3 more and it will be at the correct price.
And to hurt Russia - it needs to go to less than $1
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I would love to see less than $1 per gallon, but haven't seen that in a few decades. Use to be $5 and my buddies and I could run all weekend long.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Strayz wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:51 pm
Bmyers wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:12 am We won't be able to open Alaska, Russia wants it back and sadly with this administration, they might give it back to them.

Yeah good luck with that.

Right now they think getting Ukraine is a pain in the a$$, try taking Alaska. I just laugh at the idea.
I was at church and a small group of us was talking about Ukraine and Russia wanting Alaska. A lady walked over and butted into the conversation to put in her two cents.

She said that we should not give back Alaska because we give Russia Alaska they will want Hawaii since they are right next to each other and she wants to visit Hawaii.

We explained that as long as she got her passport printed in Russian that she would still be able to go and then take the short boat ride and visit both Hawaii and Alaska in one trip. She thought this was a great idea. Her husband came walking over and she was explaining to him and he just looked at us and we all busted up laughing.

She had no idea what was so funny.

The sad part is her vote counts the same as mine.