Night sights

A section for all the tweaks done and available to our toys.
David
Administrator

Night sights

Post by David »

I have night sights on all of my pistols. Taking night shooting training for work I've always found value in having them. The G21.3 and G35.4 I bought last month were in need of new sights. The G21 were so dim you could barely pick them up. They had to pretty much be at the end of the service life. The G35 weren't too bad. Still had life in them but not quite as bright as I'd like them. So I picked up a set of Truglo sights for each of them.

Problem was that my sight pusher was in a box awaiting our upcoming move. So I ordered one of those inexpensive 3D printed sight pushers off Ebay. Figured it was worth a try. Well, it wasn't. They didn't have the strength/torque to move the rear sight at all. So I returned them for a refund. This evening I decided to just hunt for the box till I found it. Find it I did! Yay :lol:

So with the proper tools the sights were easy off and easy on. I also have a Glock front sight tool so that was easy. One thing interesting that I'd never come across before was the front sight on the G21 was staked rather than the screw. Not a big deal, simply twisted it off with my multi-tool. Made the sight unusable but it was a dead sight anyway and I had no plans to use it.

So now the sights are on and I'm happy as a clam. I may see if the G35 sights fit the Taurus G3 that I have. It's suppose to fit Glock sights but I've heard that some do and some don't. Project for another day.

After vetting both of them I may put the G35 into a HD role, maybe even night stand duty. The G21 may become my new woods carry pistol. Jury is still out but that's what I'm thinking right now. We'll see.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Strayz

Re: Night sights

Post by Strayz »

Stumbled across this thread this morning, and decided since the sun was not up yet to go check out all the tritium night sites on the pistols and rifles.

All passed with flying colors. All were green, and still very easily seen in the dawn/daylight/not full morning. :) I recall hearing after 7 years they start to dim, and well the VP9 is starting to get up there, and the FNX-Tac45 are getting in to that range. The P365 can still bee seen across a dark room.

Thank you for the reminder.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.