Chest Rig

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
Mac66
Board Founder

Chest Rig

Post by Mac66 »

Not sure if this should be in the comms section or here because it involves radios, guns or hiking stuff but here goes.

I ordered this chest rig last week and took it up to the woods house last weekend bow hunting. Been using my UV5R radios recently and wanted something that I could carry them in when riding the ATV/Mini bikes. This thing has three pouches on the front for radios, hand held GPSs and/or phones. It also has loops for pens, flashlights and a thin zippered pocket on the front for I don't know what...yet.

I suppose this chest rig it's intended for SAR but my have some utility for other things.

One of the reasons I bought it is that it has a rear zippered/snap pocket that is big enough for a full size handgun. Full size Glock, 1911, my P97 etc will fit easily into it. I took it bow hunting this weekend and it was handy to carry my radio, phone, knife and pistol out in the field. I also went for an ATV ride using it with the new motorcycle helmet mounted headsets I bought. If you didn't want to carry a gun, the pouch would be good for a FAK or other survival stuff.

Based on using it hunting I think it would be pretty handy while hiking, riding etc. Pretty stealthy way to carry a handgun in the woods along with a radio. It was also pretty inexpensive i.e, less than $20.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QJ6C61F/?c ... _lig_dp_it

The only negative about it is that it is pretty thin nylon and isn't padded to prevent the handgun from poking you in the chest. Easily remedied by cutting a piece of thin foam and inserting it in the rear pocket.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Chest Rig

Post by Bob »

I use my Maxped Jumbo, but I could see this a being very handy.
David
Administrator

Re: Chest Rig

Post by David »

Maxpedition Versapack here.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".