Magazine holder/holster

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
David
Administrator

Magazine holder/holster

Post by David »

Over the years I've used a LOT of magazine holders/holsters. Single and double. By far, my favorite is from Kytex Shooting Gear.

https://kytexgear.com/?doing_wp_cron=16 ... 0830078125

Been using them for several years now on an almost daily basis. Have them for several of my pistols. I like them because they hold the magazine flush to the body with no flop. Easy to don and take off as well which I like. Well worth the $ imo.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bogart

Re: Magazine holder/holster

Post by Bogart »

These look nice, I ordered one and will see what I think.
Thanks for the heads up.
Shine on
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bogart wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:57 pm These look nice, I ordered one and will see what I think.
Thanks for the heads up.
Shine on
You bet. I saw one of these mag holders in a pic a buddy shared on another site and asked him where he got it. Really liked it and have them for four different pistols . Really like them quite a bit.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

For pocket carry, Ammo Armor is a great option.

https://ammo-armor.com/

I have several of my P365 and one for my spare LCP mag. Keeps the mag protected whether it's in a pocket or a pack/bag. And keeps them clean (no pocket lint).

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

I don't carry spare mags, but my competition gear is all kydex. It's a vast improvement over leather or nylon from the old days.
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

David wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:08 pm For pocket carry, Ammo Armor is a great option.

https://ammo-armor.com/

I have several of my P365 and one for my spare LCP mag. Keeps the mag protected whether it's in a pocket or a pack/bag. And keeps them clean (no pocket lint).

I have 2 of these and they work perfect, they do exactly as advertised. I would get more for other guns but I only carry this one gun now and the wife does also. Hmm, maybe one for the Browning Buckmark, I carry that one in the woods sometimes...
... Just a Dude...
Bogart

Post by Bogart »

An update on my impressions of the Kytexgear magazine holders. I got one for a Sig p365 and I like it a lot. It holds the magazine snug and secure and fits my belt secure, I have no worries of either the magazine slipping out or the holder coming off the belt, which can be an issue especially when getting out of the vehicle.

I just bought another one for a different pistol, I like it that much.

Shine on.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Glad you like them :)

Since they really hug my side I forget I'm even wearing it, and that's a good thing. It's not in the way or cumbersome or floppy.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Updating this thread:

I have several of the Kytex Shooting Gear mag holders for several different pistols. Still the best I've had by far. I developed a small, hair line crack across the top loop of one of my FDE mag holders for my P365. KSG has a one year warranty but I was a few months past that date. I contacted them anyway and they gave me free shipping. So I ordered a new one and it arrived today. Quickest shipping I've had from them. Nice that they gave me something even though the warranty had expired.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Finally received my Ammo Armor mag holder for the LCP Max. Small enough to disappear in a pocket with the 10-round mag. And I don't have to worry about my lighter or key chain scratching up or damaging the mag itself.