Tractor

The section for discussion on all things involving transportation; vehicles, boats, planes and more.
Mac66
Board Founder

Tractor

Post by Mac66 »

Finally pulled the trigger on a new tractor last week. Bought it on Tuesday, delivered on Friday.

I bought a TYM T25, 25 hp, 4 WD with a front loader and grapple. I've been looking at the TYM for a year since there is a dealer near my Detroit metro area home which also has a shop 12 miles from my hunting property. That shop was new last year and I was waiting to see if it would survive. It has not only survived but thrived. I bought it from the Detroit area dealer, it was delivered to the up north shop then free delivered to my property.

TYM is a large south Korean company who's been been selling tractors in the US for about 20 years. Up until a couple years ago they were selling them as private label tractors. Cabela's tractors were TYM tractors. They probably were sold under half a dozen different names. About 5 years ago they decided to market them under their own name although currently Rural King sells TYM tractors under the RK name.

TYM uses Yanmar engines which is the same engines John Deere and Kubuta and other makers use. So parts are readily available. It has a universal 3 point attachment on the back and the loader on the front has a quick detach bucket bracket. Just about any brand implement will fit.

bdcochran

Re: Tractor

Post by bdcochran »

great!
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Been spending time up at the property. Used the tractor to move an old ATV from back of the cabin up to the new house, among other things.

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Mac66 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:40 am Been spending time up at the property mostly hunting, but mid day I do chores. Used the tractor to move an old ATV from back by the cabin up to the new house, among other things.

BTW, the list of stuff/implements and upgrades for tractors is almost unlimited.