EDC Pen

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

EDC Pen

Post by Ronin.45 »

In the multitool thread I stated that I don't often add anything to my EDC gear because I don't want to overstuff my pockets or weigh my pants down. This is a small exception.
I've often found myself looking for a writing implement when out and about. This resulted in me looking at compact pens. Plenty of options out there, but they either didn't meet my requirements or were ridiculously priced. Over time, I'd check again, but quickly move on to something else until the next time I needed a pen.
During the last Olight sale, I got a surprise email that they were releasing a mini O-pen and I could get it for free. Hard to pass on that deal so I ordered one. It is very solid feeling and fits perfectly in my pocket organizer without adding weight or bulk. I'm finally glad I waited to buy something.
https://olightworld.com/olight-open-mini
David
Administrator

Re: EDC Pen

Post by David »

With the aluminum body it seems like it would make a good defensive tool as well.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bogart

Re: EDC Pen

Post by Bogart »

I got the full size pen a couple of months ago, it has an amazing light on it .4 levels with the brightess being blinding. One pen three tools, pen, light, stabbing.
The guys I work with all look away when I pull it out to write, when I first got it and was showing it off they all got to see the high mode.😳