Sillcock key

Everything you need to know about making and keeping water potable.
David
Administrator

Sillcock key

Post by David »

Credit for this thread goes to our member BDC :)

BDC brought this useful little tool to my attention recently. I'd never heard of it or thought about getting water from commercial buildings in a survival situation. I was so impressed I zipped over to Amazon (link below) and bought one for each vehicle. Thanks for the heads up BDC!

https://www.amazon.com/Cobra-Products-P ... 584&sr=8-3

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: Sillcock key

Post by Bmyers »

We have one in each GHB. Lightweight and just might come in handy. Although, since we don't live/work in the big city, probably not something we will use, but better to have than not have.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

As a side note.... I have gotten several water pit wrenches ( from friend at water company )... For those that have "city water"
It makes it easy to turn off the water at source if you have an issue in home.
https://www.pollardwater.com/product/po ... ily-461417
You can't fix stupid !
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I bought a couple before Y2K to keep in the BOBs. Never used them but I have them just in case I ever have a need.
bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

I deployed my first key to the car today. Thank you. Will do another key set up at home.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

bdc wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:18 pm I deployed my first key to the car today. Thank you. Will do another key set up at home.
You're very welcome. I wanted to bring this back to the top as I was talking about it in another thread today. A very handy, small, light, inexpensive tool that could well be a life saver. We have one in each vehicle and it would be a good tool to have in any bag or kit.

Available right down at Home Depot and probably the other box stores like Lowes, Ace etc.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-4-Way ... /304217572
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I know of these and have always thought of them, but never got one....
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:01 am I know of these and have always thought of them, but never got one....
Home Depot or Lowes or probably even Ace.

This is a handy tool to have obviously but also because most folks don't know what one is or how it works or where you'd look to utilize it. This means that you would have knowledge of a source of clean water and how to access it that normal folks haven't even considered. Thus in a true situation you'd not have to worry about hordes of folks all vying for the same water source. They don't even know it's there.

bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

I have two units - one in the car with the plastic tube and one at home. If the water pressure from the city is still on and the owner of the property did not put on a lock, you are much further up the food chain than at least 95% of the people who would bug out.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Man - been thinking about this...such an easy thing....

LOL - Amazon says that the key and a Sawyer personal water filter often bought together. Tells you who is buying these!