Off road camping

The section for hunting, fishing, camping, hiking and all of our outdoor adventures. This section includes gardening and the harvesting of game and other edibles.
David
Administrator

Off road camping

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: Off road camping

Post by Mac66 »

Holy cow, I didn't even recognize Dave Canterbury in that video.

My experience with 4x4 vehicles both with ATVs and full size vehicles (Bronco's, Explorers, Pick ups) is that most 4x4 vehicles can go just about anywhere without special equipment/gear. I've had winches, hi-lift jacks, super duper suspensions etc but rarely used them. A couple tow straps, a hand operated come along, a shovel will get you out of 95% of stuff you get into. Best to avoid the other 5%.

I would venture to say that my completely stock F150 4x4 can go anywhere that this Dave's Jeep Gladiator can go.
David
Administrator

Re: Off road camping

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:32 pm Holy cow, I didn't even recognize Dave Canterbury in that video.
No mistaking his voice though :D

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".