Another Sig P320 lawsuit

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Another Sig P320 lawsuit

Post by David »

While some incidents were user-error, it cannot be determined that all incidents were user-error. Sig has settled out of court multiple times concerning the P320, presumably to avoid Discovery from becoming public information. It is said where there is smoke there is fire.

Although the topic of manual safeties is often hotly debated, I can’t help but postulate that the majority of these incidents would have been avoided with a properly engaged manual safety unless the P320 does have a design defect that would also have defeated it.

I’ve often stated that striker-fired pistols aren’t necessarily unsafe, but they are less safe than hammer-fired pistols for several reasons. However, this may actually be a case of less safe.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".