Mule light

Flashlights, lanterns, torches and anything that sheds a little light for your path.
David
Administrator

Mule light

Post by David »

There is an original Mule light and a Mule light V2. Here's a video of the original.

https://www.mulelight.com/

I bought the original one last year for around $20 but don't see them available anymore. Seems like the V2 is the only one you can get unless you find an odd source. Don't even see the original on Ebay. But it's a decent light with the glow-in-the-dark bar.

If you like the idea, simply get a UVGloStik for $6 and a Frogleggs light from Lowe's for $5 and you pretty much have the same thing. All you'll need is a couple of thick rubber bands to attach the GloStik to the Frogleggs light. I've done this and it works great. And it's a lot less than the Mule LIght V2. In fact, you could make make at least four of the DIY lights for the price of a Mule Light V2.

https://www.uvpaqlite.com/UVGloStik.html

https://www.lowes.com/pd/FrogLeggs-160- ... 1000572417

I like the whole concept and they come in handy.

I've put a couple of those UVGloStiks on the back of my EDC sling bag just for visibility, both to find the bag in the dark as well as while walking.

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Re: Mule light

Post by David »

Picked up another Frogg light from Lowes for $4.99. These little lights are fantastic!
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Great call on a black bag!!!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:50 pm Great call on a black bag!!!
Thanks, I thought it was a good idea. An inexpensive way to make the bag more visible. Either in the dark if you need to grab it quick or for safety when walking. And they can be continually recharged.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Update:

I've had both the Mule Light and the Frogleggs light that I have pictured/linked above in the vehicle since my OP. Both continue to work fine. I checked the batteries a couple of days ago to make sure no leakage or anything. No issues. I will note that the rubber on the Mule Light got all tacky in the heat. Had to rub it down with rubbing alcohol to get the tackiness off of it. Cheap rubber I guess? It definitely doesn't hold up to the Florida heat in the car.

The Frogleggs on the other hand looks like the day I bought it at Lowes. For a few pennies under $5 it really is a better value in my opinion than the Mule Light. It seems brighter (though it may just be the batteries) but has two ways for the light to shine. Out the top or along the side. Using one of those GloStiks I have pictured/linked above makes the Mule Light for a lot less. I'm glad I got both for the comparison.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Update:

The Mule light isn't nearly as bright as the Frogleggs lights at this point. The ML uses AAA while the FL uses AA, but still the ML doesn't seem to be nearly as bright as it use to be. And I've tried different batteries to be sure. So overall the FL lights from Lowes for $5 continue to be the better value combined with the UVGloStik.