Ferro rods (and magnesium bars/rods)

From primitive methods to advanced tools, everything you need to start a fire.
David
Administrator

Re: Ferro rods (and magnesium bars/rods)

Post by David »

I agree that using a mag bar, particularly without prior planning/preparation, is going to be challenging. Having a bag of pre-shavings is a good idea or any of the other methods like cotton ball/Vaseline or my wafers.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

David wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:27 pm I agree that using a mag bar, particularly without prior planning/preparation, is going to be challenging. Having a bag of pre-shavings is a good idea or any of the other methods like cotton ball/Vaseline or my wafers.
Just watched an episode of Survivorman and Son. They were in the Amazon. Les couldn't get a fire started even with a mag bar.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ferro Rod vs. Magnesium: The Pros, the Cons & our Top Pick!

https://crisisequipped.com/ferro-rod-vs-magnesium/

All in all I will still take a Zippo or Bic. But good to know other methods.

bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Plus One!