Walmart ammo

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
David
Administrator

Walmart ammo

Post by David »

How's the ammo situation in your local Wallyworlds? Been about a weeks since I've stopped in so curious if the shelves are getting emptied out with the huge price drop they had a couple of weeks ago.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
ratf51
Board Founder

Re: Walmart ammo

Post by ratf51 »

I really hate that you posted this today. I would be tempted to go to my local Wally and give it a once over but for the next 4 days I would rather be beaten with barb wire than attempt a Wal-Mart run. :D :roll:
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Where is your sense of adventure :D
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
ratf51
Board Founder

Post by ratf51 »

I keep my "sense of adventure" in a lockbox in the closet. It only comes out if the phrases/words "bodily harm", "suicide attempt", or "what were you thinking" are far, far away. I've never done the "hold my beer" thing cause I don't drink but in my youth there were numerous occasions of "watch this" that were spectacular failures. Lessons learned. Oh, and Happy New Year! :D
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I checked my closest WM the other day and all the 'bad' ammo is gone. Sold out I'm sure. Still have the hunting calibers and shotgun shells. I have other WM's close to me (4 within 15 minutes) but I'm sure it's probably the same story and the shelves have been picked clean.

Nice to get some before it was all gone though.

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Yep - same here. No problem. There is this thing called the internet...
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I know, it was nice to just pop in and grab a box now and again though.

Strayz

Post by Strayz »

David wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:35 pm I know, it was nice to just pop in and grab a box now and again though.
Pop in to the LGS and support a local business. 1 box of hand gun ammo, 1 of rifle, and 1-2 of rimfire each week. After a year or so you can skip a week so you are only buying every other week. After 2 years of buying you can stop by once a month.

This is not including any training or practice you do.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.