Nice gift

Flashlights, lanterns, torches and anything that sheds a little light for your path.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Nice gift

Post by Ronin.45 »

I was given a Modlite flashlight yesterday. I've never paid much attention to them because of the price, but have been exposed to them much more recently. This thing has pretty impressive specs. 1350 lumen, but 54,000 candela. Really nice throw for a regular sized light. Most of my distance lights have had oversized "turbo" heads.

For comparison, it probably is closest in size to an Olight Odin (without mount of course). The modlite has over twice the candela even though it's only 1350 lumen vs 2,000 for the Odin. Of course it costs over twice as much too.

This modlite is too big for EDC, and doesn't include a clip, so will serve nightstand duty most likely. I doubt I'll be investing heavily in more modlites, but I'm very happy with this gift.

https://modlite.com/collections/handhel ... 0523971620
David
Administrator

Re: Nice gift

Post by David »

Very nice. But yes, that is a hefty price tag. Heck of a gift.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: Nice gift

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:20 pm Very nice. But yes, that is a hefty price tag. Heck of a gift.
From someone I met a few hours earlier. Very big surprise.