Single-shot shotgun caliber adapters

The section for hunting, fishing, camping, hiking and all of our outdoor adventures. This section includes gardening and the harvesting of game and other edibles.
David
Administrator

Single-shot shotgun caliber adapters

Post by David »

I'm putting this thread in this section because it is more related to woods carry than defensive uses.

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: Single-shot shotgun caliber adapters

Post by Mac66 »

I really like Canterbury's videos and his single shot "longhunter" inspired shotgun. I've been meaning to get those adapters, just never got around to it.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Be nice to find a single-shot shotgun for a reasonable price these days...
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:06 am Be nice to find a single-shot shotgun for a reasonable price these days...
I still find them occasionally on a local gun forum for $100. I try and buy them up for that when I see them. I bought a 12 ga about this time last year for $100. It was a NEF which is the same gun as the H&R. I think I have three now. One is set up with cut down 12ga, 20 ga, 357 bbls and a 44 mag bbl. I still have a 12 ga and a 20 ga that are unmolested.

Before the panic I was looking at one of those folding single shots (Midland?) They were only about $120 retail. One in 20 ga would just about be ideal. They are lighter and don't recoil as much as the 12ga.
David
Administrator

Post by David »