blood pressure machines

Preparedness starts with good health. Section for all things health and exercise related. Including discussions of current events in the world of health and medicine.
bdcochran

blood pressure machines

Post by bdcochran »

I have always had a wrist cuff model. Upgraded to an upper arm device.

I researched and purchased an Omron 10. I will measure myself every morning when I first wake up and then compare it on May 17th with the current machine at Kaiser for accuracy.

You have options. I don't want to measure the heart function, run multiple people, keep the last 100 readings and transmit the readings and graphs on line to my primary doctor. Heck, there is equipment out there that will do this if you want. You would have to be adept at having a cell phone. I don't use mine and I want to do is just look at the blood pressure and the pulse. Cost me less than $70 delivered from Walmart! Amazon commissioned Omron for the model released at the same time that is $20 more and reads the heart! Otherwise, the model 10 does everything described herein.

There is another machine that I have. I forget the name. You stick your finger in and it tells you the oxygen content you have in your blood.

The girl friend has some kind of a device that she wears that keeps track of her walking mileage every day.

Sure, by law, I am entitled to a physician visit every year as a retiree. Heck, I didn't see my primary doctor for two years with the Covid thing and her being booked up months in advance. So, I have to do it. Or drive miles to a Kaiser facility with an appointment and perhaps pay a co-payment.