Stop the Bleed

All things first aid related.
bdcochran

Re: Stop the Bleed

Post by bdcochran »

There is a national educational group for oldsters called OASIS. Although the computer system is screwed up, it is currently offering classes on Zoom. On Tuesday, I took a Stop The Bleed class for free on Zoom. The instructor was from Cedars Sinai Hospital.

The immediate prior class was on falls.

I also took a Zoom class on CPR.

My complaint about the Red Cross is that I had to pay for classes. It would have been nice for the organization to have given a free class for each pint of blood. I have already donated more than 60 pints. Next date is August 21st.

I have never been a first responder. However, I have used CPR and Heimlich to save others and would hope that the classes be taught in high schools.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

bdcochran wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:49 pm There is a national educational group for oldsters called OASIS. Although the computer system is screwed up, it is currently offering classes on Zoom. On Tuesday, I took a Stop The Bleed class for free on Zoom. The instructor was from Cedars Sinai Hospital.

The immediate prior class was on falls.

I also took a Zoom class on CPR.

My complaint about the Red Cross is that I had to pay for classes. It would have been nice for the organization to have given a free class for each pint of blood. I have already donated more than 60 pints. Next date is August 21st.

I have never been a first responder. However, I have used CPR and Heimlich to save others and would hope that the classes be taught in high schools.
Got a link or URL?
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

David
Administrator

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Just added that to my vest
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Ok. I found what are called extra long bandaids. When the bandaid doesn't wrap securely, what do you do? You try another, and it doesn't work. Finally, at least one of the companies started making them. I bought Curad "extra long heavy duty bandage". It is simply an extra bandaid that can be wrapped on itself. Great.