alcohol - various

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
David
Administrator

Re: alcohol - various

Post by David »

Strayz wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:02 pm For cleaning go with white vinegar, it is a great cleaner and is far more versatile that people think. Plus it will not evaporate like Bleach, Hydrogen peroxide, or Alcohol. Good stuff to have a half dozen bottles of in the pantry. You can also mix with Baking Soda for better cleaning if needed. It is not as good as household cleaners over the counter now, but a far site better than plain water when cleaners are all gone.
Big +1 on this. Vinegar is an extremely useful item to have on hand.
Strayz wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:02 pm For the stacking of Alcohol, I recommend getting the Costco Vodka for 13 bucks for a half gallon stack it in the back for storage and not worry about it.
Yep, and it can be used in tinctures as well for medicinal use.
Strayz wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:02 pm One issue I can see is sugar to kick off the fermentation after things become scarce.
One work around it fruit. Prison and jail inmates use the fruit off their meal trays along with the bread in a trash bag in a dark corner under a bunk. They call this foul concoction 'Buck' and it is potent enough to get them drunk off their asses.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Strayz

Re: alcohol - various

Post by Strayz »

David wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:38 am
Strayz wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:02 pm One issue I can see is sugar to kick off the fermentation after things become scarce.
One work around it fruit. Prison and jail inmates use the fruit off their meal trays along with the bread in a trash bag in a dark corner under a bunk. They call this foul concoction 'Buck' and it is potent enough to get them drunk off their asses.
is kinda a work around that is very dependent on time of year and fruit yield. I could see making apple Jack from a cider press, or some types of wine. Possibly Meade if you keep bees.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.