Ultimate Survival Tips

Post your resource links, articles, videos as well as your reviews on books, movies, videos etc.
David
Administrator

Ultimate Survival Tips

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Re: Ultimate Survival Tips

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

ImageI too a look at the youtube channel. A lot of reviews about knives and guns. I like knives but they really aren't that important in the big picture. Get a knife and learn how to sharpen it. Guns are needed but, you don't want to have to use them.

They should have started the re-boot with physical health and being in shape.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

David
Administrator

Post by David »

aerynsun wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:56 pm They should have started the re-boot with physical health and being in shape.
I should note that I'm not necessarily endorsing any of these videos and their content. I put them up for review and discussion. Might be some good stuff, might be a waste of time or a mix.

aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

David wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:37 am
aerynsun wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:56 pm They should have started the re-boot with physical health and being in shape.
I should note that I'm not necessarily endorsing any of these videos and their content. I put them up for review and discussion. Might be some good stuff, might be a waste of time or a mix.
On the whole ... not very good.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

People come in with different skill levels. They have different senses of threats. Thus, the videos may be of help and may not.

Certainly, where I live, more people are going to die from the consequences of a poor diet and lack of exercise than not knowing how to start a fire in an environment of 12 story buildings, mile after mile. Just don't watch the fire starting videos, that is all.

Or when you walked through the Khyber Pass with your late wife after celebrating your 31st birthday in Afghanistan, you don't have to watch a video on how pack a bug out bag!