How to catch fish when they don't bite

The section for hunting, fishing, camping, hiking and all of our outdoor adventures. This section includes gardening and the harvesting of game and other edibles.
Ghost
Board Founder

How to catch fish when they don't bite

Post by Ghost »

When fish don't bite this is how you catch them.

aerynsun

Re: How to catch fish when they don't bite

Post by aerynsun »

Ghost wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:55 pm When fish don't bite this is how you catch them.
https://youtu.be/m61IMpSvTs4
In a survival situation that would be a good idea.

But, does that guy really need food that bad? He could drive down to a food bank and get all he needs.

I'm guessing he is that kind of guy who, when he goes to McDonals, stuffs his pockets with napkins, salt, pepper and other condiments.
Ghost
Board Founder

Post by Ghost »

Well I actually did need that many fish that day I needed 40 for a fish fry and the limit is 50 I caught 70 plus I kept 48 and the rest I put back cleaned them all kept 48 back bones 48 gizzards and 96 fillets the 8 I did not need I gave to my two neighbors that are to old to get out and get there own no I just don't go around stuffing my pockets with fish but that's for being worried that I may be a fish hoarder.
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

That other guy is missing the point but I like it... I need a cast net.
... Just a Dude...
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

as I tell my kids... don't care what you shoot/hunt/etc as long as you eat it !
You can't fix stupid !
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

I have never tried a casting net. Then again where I have lived there has not really been the option to use one.

I will say Gill nets are my preferred method of fishing in a survival setting. The next thing is what people tend to forget. Know how to set it. I watched that TV series Alone and not one person on the 3-4 seasons knew how to properly set a gill net.

And for all those that say it is Illegal to use a gill net. Well if I am lost and need to be found, it would break my heart to have a forest ranger find me and write me a ticket.

If it is a SHTF, then all bets are off.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.