SAK Saws

A section for knives, axes, multi-tools and all things blades.
xxo

SAK Saws

Post by xxo »

One thing I like to have on a SAK or multitool for the woods is the wood saw. These little saws may be small but you can do things with them that would normally be a job for a larger blade. Such things as cutting a walking stick or game pole, making a lean-to shelter, camouflaging a blind, cutting bone when field dressing or butchering game.

If you are into bushcraft, there are endless projects that the wood saw can help with. Felix Immler has some cool vids on this:

David
Administrator

Re: SAK Saws

Post by David »

xxo wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:15 pm One thing I like to have on a SAK or multitool for the woods is the wood saw.
Okay, those were cool videos. I never would have thought about tucking something down inside the SAK like a needle or fire-starting piece of twine. And the dovetail is pretty impressive.

I agree, a wood saw is a very useful thing to have handy, and preferably on you. One of the reasons I chose the Gerber Suspension multi-tool. I like that the various blades lock back as well for safety.

I'll have to see if anything can be added to the Suspension like he did with the SAK.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".