So I went to a gun show the other day...

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Strayz

So I went to a gun show the other day...

Post by Strayz »

As the title says. Last weekend I went a to a gun show and had a bit of a surprise.

1. Went there about an hour before the doors opened and there was quite the line outside already. About 35 yards. Air temp 2 degrees. Yes myself and cohorts in crime decided that the warm car was the better choice.

2. A lot of people were there. Crazy amount. No ammo that did not require down payments and 24-48 month financing.

So over all it was a sellers market and people were rather calm as most gun shows are.

To say there were a few people would be an understatement. The facility was full to capacity with around 200 tables in the area. The line outside was around 200 or so yards long 3-4 people deep. I did my rounds and we got out of there. I was told that the line did drop to around 75-100 people by the time the show closed. I have to say been to really large shows in the lower 48 but nothing as crazy as what I saw there. I talked to a few friends that had tables there and anything that was defensive use (Rifle, shotgun) or hand gun related was sold. Only a limited amount of hunter items and collector items seem to survive the show. NO reloading supplies, survived no ammo. It was surreal to say the least.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Re: So I went to a gun show the other day...

Post by David »

Not surprised in the least. Right now is a gun maker/ammo makers wet dream. To be honest, I haven't even really been looking at the used market much. Too many folks asking totally unreasonable prices for guns-n-ammo. I'm very satisfied with what I have and really have nothing I'd be interested in trading.

I'll wait till everything has returned to normal and there is a glut on the market to choice from.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I didn't know people still went to gun shows. Haven't been in decades.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

I can't believe you wasted your time going. None of what you said is surprising. Things have been nuts for a year.
I've heard of $1/rd 9mm and am getting real tempted to let some go. Not a chance I'd even think about buying any. This is the market for morons.
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

Mac66 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:54 pm I didn't know people still went to gun shows. Haven't been in decades.
I have to agree. I don't pay to get into a mall or walmart. Why should I have to pay to get into a gun show?
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Good question.
1. the gun show people have to sign a temporary lease and obtain insurance to use a location. It publishes and distributes the literature. It charges by the table. It guesses at what hassles it will have from the local or other authorities. It also sells by the table to vendors. It can either charge more for tables or use the charge at the door to keep out panhandlers, some shoplifters, some gang members., wandering children. It probably isn't too likely that a protestor would want to pay an entrance fee.
2. there was a nearby mall that decided to charge for all parking. the revenues went down. i have never been back.
3. you are not going to be able to buy guns or ammunition at most Walmarts. I am not aware of any mall that would lease to one now.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Yeah - I like to go to gun shows every now and again. So much stuff under one roof. I always find something interesting.

But...it always was more for fun than serious shopping.

I couldn't imagine going to one these days.
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

[quote=bdcochran post_id=6232 time=1614027573 user_id=231]
Good question.
1. the gun show people have to sign a temporary lease and obtain insurance to use a location. It publishes and distributes the literature. It charges by the table. It guesses at what hassles it will have from the local or other authorities. It also sells by the table to vendors. It can either charge more for tables or use the charge at the door to keep out panhandlers, some shoplifters, some gang members., wandering children. It probably isn't too likely that a protestor would want to pay an entrance fee.
2. there was a nearby mall that decided to charge for all parking. the revenues went down. i have never been back.
3. you are not going to be able to buy guns or ammunition at most Walmarts. I am not aware of any mall that would lease to one now.
[/quot

A mall does most of those things.
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

Bob wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:07 pm Yeah - I like to go to gun shows every now and again. So much stuff under one roof. I always find something interesting.

But...it always was more for fun than serious shopping.

I couldn't imagine going to one these days.
This.

Along with the occasional really good deal to find. I enjoyed going to shows back in the day, less so anymore.

I also see friends at the shows from time to time as well.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

New Record: 4.69 million gun background checks break single-month record in March

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/0 ... -in-march/
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".