Dog

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Dog

Post by Bmyers »

We have a Great Dane. She is the princess, just ask her. She sleeps on the sofa, has a bed in every room, and she is sure we all live to serve her.

This morning, getting ready for work like a normal day, one of the first things we do is let the dog out. She came back in and about 5 minutes being in the house, we hear this low growl which then turns into a bark. Startled the wife and I. Being the intelligent adults we are, of course we stood there and asked the dog what was wrong.

The dog looked at us like we were stupid, didn't we know she was a dog and couldn't talk? Anyway, she continue with the low growl while looking at the back door. So, opened the back door and she ran to the edge of the deck and stood there and growled. She kept looking back with a look like aren't you getting your butt out here?

I was dressed for work, so I grabbed the flashlight and walked out there and she took off around the corner of the house and started barking like crazy. If you have ever heard a Great Dane bark every dog in a five mile radius (ok exaggerating a little) started barking. As I came around the corner, I seen the two guys that she had just scared to the other side of the road. They were quickly moving away.

Moments later a police car pulled up and rolled down his window and asked had I seen two guys in the area. I pointed him in the direction that they had headed. Squad car rounded the corner and seen the lights come on the squad car.

Took the princess back inside and she got a big old bone for a job well done. I have no idea what the two men were up to and I think that they may of been looking for a quick place to hide from the police and the princess foiled that idea when they looked at using our yard.

Every time I just about get to a point of convincing myself I will never have another dog, something happens to prove the value of the dog.
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: Dog

Post by tom mac »

good girl, deserves a bigger bone
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Who knows what could have happened if you didn't have her! Good experience if she ever acts that way again.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Perfect reason to have a dog. Early warning system for many things.
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

Give puppers a new toy and bone for a job well done.

I am looking at getting another one after 15 years of not having one around. Not sure I want a lab/greyhound cross again. He was an interesting cross.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

The wife fixed her a special dish of boiled chicken and rice for a job well done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I got a lab when we were first married. Cool dog, broke my heart when he died at the age of 15. Haven't had one since but am thinking of getting one when we move up to the new house to keep my wife company when I'm not there. I think she'd feel more comfortable living out in the woods if there was a dog around.
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

I love having Labs around, Like you said it is painful when they pass on. They become so much a part of the family.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:39 am I got a lab when we were first married. Cool dog, broke my heart when he died at the age of 15. Haven't had one since but am thinking of getting one when we move up to the new house to keep my wife company when I'm not there. I think she'd feel more comfortable living out in the woods if there was a dog around.
That's a very good idea.