Out of the loop

A section to discuss scenarios, history and any topic that doesn't fit into another section.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Out of the loop

Post by Ronin.45 »

I'm not sure if I missed a message somewhere, but all these threads in Games and hobbies are a mystery to me. What game are they in reference to? Is it something we are all playing together? Looks like a ton of information, but I don't know what any of it is about.
IKV Avenger
Board Founder

Re: Out of the loop

Post by IKV Avenger »

Ronin.45 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:18 pm I'm not sure if I missed a message somewhere, but all these threads in Games and hobbies are a mystery to me. What game are they in reference to? Is it something we are all playing together? Looks like a ton of information, but I don't know what any of it is about.
It is on the game Starfleet Battles. SFB at one time was one of the most popular war games and had big national tournaments. It started in the late 70's and is based on the 60's TOS Star Trek i.e. Federation, Klingons, Romulans etc. There are fleets for every race/empire from fighters to battle ships and a rule book about the thickness of a small phone book. But it's a heck of a lot of fun after you learn the gist of it. I started back in the mid-80's while stationed overseas. It is a slower paced table top game and you can use miniatures or cardboard counters to represent your ship or ships. It can also be played online.

I prefer this type of game over say video games. It takes tactics and strategy and a lot of thinking. It's pretty much my favorite table top game followed by Axis and Allies. But SFB is a LOT more in-depth.
My other car is a D7 Battlecruiser.