Guns-n-ammo buying craze

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: Guns-n-ammo buying craze

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:06 pm Have I seen rumors of ammo getting back in stock?
I haven't checked locally for more than a month, maybe closer to a couple of months. I keep meaning to pop into the one close to the house to see what they have but just don't seem to find the time. I'm not going to pay any of the scalper pricing. If it's jacked up a few bucks then fine but not going to be paying $1 or more per round for FMJ 9mm.

Wouldn't mind picking up a box of 45acp or 357sig if I find it decently priced though as those are the 'new' calibers in the inventory and they aren't as deep as 9mm or 40 S&W. But then they really don't need to be as they are basically back up support calibers to have access to in the event of stuff like this.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

Not up here in the great north. Shelves are bare with even bird shot and trap loads gone in shotgun shells. I did find a few boxes od .25 ACP and 9x18r.

Thank goodness I had stocked up a bit after the last run on guns and ammo. It is only going to get worse until mid to late spring next year depending on who gets voted in to office.

Still would like to have an additional case of .45 and 5.7 but at this point in the game the only shooting I have done for the last 3 months has been .22 because a few of us had a pallet of .22 shipped to us. (Yes it is a lot of .22, and I am good for a few years along with teaching my kiddo to shoot as well.) Hoarder no, someone that misses the days of shooting a brick in the back yard with my brothers, yes.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

.25 you say? Well, sound like you have a reason to get a Beretta Model 20!
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

I have been holding out for a .22 tip barrel come across my tracks. I think they are called the model 21? Mom had one because she had bad arthritis in her hands. Only reason not getting a .25 is not sure if my small can will be useable with .25 ACP. Would hate to have to form 1 a .25 acp can just for it. LOL. To much spare time these days.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Has anyone tried to purchase ammo recently? Been maybe a couple of months since I picked up a box of 45acp at a local shop. Price was a bit elevated but not crazy terrible. And that was only because I happened to drop in and I needed to up the count on 45acp since I just picked up that caliber a while back. Other than that I haven't been checking on prices except seeing the insane prices being asked on the BST sites.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

No one picked up any ammo lately?

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:31 pm No one picked up any ammo lately?
Why would anyone buy ammo now? It's at the highest point of my lifetime. 9mm is selling out immediately at $500/case.
Even reloading components are crazy high.
Just today I've seen people asking $175/1000 for small pistol primers and $800 for a jug of Varget powder.
This is the absolute worst time to buy.
I haven't even considered buying ammo since February when it first spiked.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Don't blame you at all for holding off. I'm glad I got in on the Walmart sale earlier this year. All the ammo was 50% off and I hit it just as the lady got done putting up the red tags.

Woo hoo! :D

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Wish I'd have gotten in on that deal. I don't go to Walmart very often so it was not in my thoughts to check for closeouts.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Nothing really on shelves around here, tho did get some primers from a local selling :)
You can't fix stupid !