My Indoor Stock

Recipes, freeze-dried, deydrated and all food related threads.
Bob
Board Founder

My Indoor Stock

Post by Bob »

So I have finally got around to adding a bunch of staple I wanted to get for long term/convenient to my supplies. I now keep indoors, out of the heat, in my bedroom:

2 - 2 week August Farms buckets
2 Cases of MREs
6 Lifeboat bricks (2400 cal each)
6 Bridgeford sanwhiches

These will all either be used camping/hunting, or will be in tip top condition for a Bug out! I have 5 Gal buckets in the garage, along with Mountain House.
David
Administrator

Re: My Indoor Stock

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:14 pm I have 5 Gal buckets in the garage, along with Mountain House.
How hot does your garage get in the summer? My current home has the garage on the south so it gets hit all day long by the sun and can get rather hot in the summer. The new home is the opposite with the garage facing north. So I'll be curious as to how much cooler it's going to be in the summer time. I'm not expecting it to be cool, but without the sun directly hitting the doors it has to be cooler.

We are also planning a lot of storage areas under roof where it's climate controlled.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Re: My Indoor Stock

Post by Bob »

It gets hot. But....rice, beans and oats in buckets, mylar, and O2 absorbers....