Armslist

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Armslist

Post by David »

Well, AL is now a paid site. I received this email this afternoon;
Dear Armslist User,

I hope all is well.

You may be finding yourself having some difficulty navigating the site. We thank you for your patience as we upgrade our infrastructure in an effort to reduce scams, and improve the overall user experience. As you may know, we are facing yet another lawsuit from the anti-gunners at Brady United. In an effort to offset the mounting legal costs, we have created a new paid account type: The Premium Personal Program. While it's still in it's early stages, our roadmap for the program includes some exciting new characteristics for our users including exclusive discounts, exclusive deals, and a plethora of new site and account features in the months to come. If you'd like to give it a try, click here.

Thank you again for your continued patience and support as we experience these growing pains. We hope to offer a vastly improved experience soon.

Best,

J. Gibbon
Someone on GT said it's $4 per month. I'll probably take a pass. After purchasing my HK USP 45 I really haven't been in the market for anything. I've gone into 'I'm good with what I have' mode.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Armslist

Post by Bob »

After purchasing an HK, no one should be in the market for anything but ammo and bad guys.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I can see AL charging a fee to place an ad on their site. I think they've made a mistake to charge the person wanting to respond to the ad.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

I never find anything worthwhile on there anyway. Every time I list anything for sale all the replies are scammers and lowballers. I can live without it.
Last edited by Ronin.45 on Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

Ronin.45 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:54 pm I never find anything worthwhile on there anyway. Every time I list anything for sale all the replies are scammers and lowballers. I can live without it.
Almost like going to gun shows any more. When I go I am looking for reloading items (Presses, dies, brass, lead), not much out there you can't find with a better price online.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I see a lot of sellers putting contact information in their ads to get around folks having to join AL just to respond. Smart on their part but I have noticed the number of ads in my area are down since AL started charging. I only browse it occasionally, but have no plans to join.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

I mentioned in another thread that I just traded for a Glock 19X. The trade came as a result of an ad I'd placed on AL a couple of months ago before they went to all paid. I'd forgotten about the ad. And I couldn't even access the account to remove it since I'm not doing that paid nonsense. Anyway, last night I got the email for the trade. So that was kinda nice to have a parting trade from AL.

Still not going to pay for a subscription :lol:

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I could easily imagine a pay scheme that made it worth it - not that I've ever done more than browse....

But $4 across the board ain't it. If they can't support their operation on their own and advertising...well, they are just bad business men / managers.

I bet it goes under.