What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2020

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
David
Administrator

Re: What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2020

Post by David »

https://www.chinabrands.com/item/dropsh ... 405-p.html

Bought this off Ebay a while back and forgot I had it. I added it to my Sub 2K yesterday and will test it out next time I hit the range.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

It isn't directly for me, but it will help me. I purchased the book Be Ready for Anything: How to Survive Tornadoes, Earthquakes, Pandemics, Mass Shootings, Nuclear Disasters, and Other Life-Threatening Events and been giving that to family and friends. Even if only a third of them read and apply the book, that is a third more that will be ready to survive an event and less of a burden on the rest.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ordered a couple of 18350 and a couple of 14500 batteries from Mountain Electronics.

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php ... uct_id=629

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php ... uct_id=477

These are Windyfire batteries which I have never tried before. Generally speaking, anything XXXXfire usually sucks (like Ultrafire etc. This is for batteries and not Ultrafire flashlights). However, if they are for sale on Mountain Electronics they should be good batteries. Additionally, they got a good review on BLF. So I'll give them a shot and see how they perform.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
ratf51
Board Founder

Post by ratf51 »

Christmas swag-- an Olight i3t EOS and a Rofis R3. Just had them outside and I am all sorts of impressed. Got a pair of bolt cutters, also. So in short, an upgrade to lights and adding a hithertoo nonexistent capability to my household tools.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

going to test run the generator today ... always start it about once every 1 1/2 months for 10 mins with a load on it.
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Going through all of my FAK's and getting them more organized for quicker use. Also ordering various supplies that I didn't have before.

I have the home FAK and both vehicle FAK's all set up. Also took the time to go through each GHB and check on the contents. Went through all of my lanterns and emergency flashlights and removed the batteries. I put the batteries in bags and they are with the lanterns and flashlights. That way they don't corrode and run a light. I have a couple of solar powered lanterns so I have immediate light in addition to the LED flashlights around the house with li-ion batteries.

DBSAR

Post by DBSAR »

Every week i always do something that is prepping related. (check my generators and power backup equipment for the winter season of power outages this past week, make sure i have propane tanks, Coleman fuel for stoves, heaters & lanterns in storage, flashlights & lanterns charged up and ready, etc. batteries tested & charged for the HAM radios, AM/FM radios, scanner, etc.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Picked up some bic type lighters at the dollar store... filled up my kerosene container ( used to usu start fires in the outdoor fireplace but also for lanterns ). Picked up some Everclear 192 pf ....
Been kind of quiet so all is good, boxes checked.
You can't fix stupid !
bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

I rotate gasoline twice a year. Finished this morning.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Put about $300 in singles away... not for SHTF, but replacing emergency money.
Last big storm here power was out for a number of days and no power meant no credit cards.... cash still works.
You can't fix stupid !