Roll your own

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Horskinator

Re: Roll your own

Post by Horskinator »

Ronin.45 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:07 pm Old RCBS single stage, RCBS powder measure and a beam scale. For those loads I didn't do big quantities so single is best. I have upgraded to a digital scale for future tasks.
As mentioned earlier my bench is primarily Red and Green. I use the RCBS beam scale to check my charges and think I may upgrade to a digital at some point, the real questions is will it be red or green... :)
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

Spent today and part of yesterday sanding and painting some old filing cabinets for reloading component storage. Reorganized the bench.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Looks good my man! Can't wait to have an area just like it at the new place.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

David wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:03 pm Looks good my man! Can't wait to have an area just like it at the new place.
To the right (not in the picture) is my cleaning/building bench and case cleaning area on two more benches.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I'm very thankful that my wife got us the reload equipment. I wasn't even aware there was an ammo shortage until I got talking with some guys at work who were complaining about the lack of ammo and the cost of ammo.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I definitely missed the boat on reloading so I'll wait until things return to normal and then get into it for the next time. I do have the little Lee Classic Loader that I picked up in 9mm. That's the one that you can do a round at a time. But I don't have anything else right now like primers, powder, scale etc. So I'll wait.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Did a search the other day in local stores,... found powder ( got enough ) , heads ( tho prices were up 20%, got plenty ) but no primers.
most store had open bricks but none full. When I buy its 5 bricks (5k ) at a time.
Getting worried, down to my last 5000 primers :)
You can't fix stupid !
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

tom mac wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:40 am Did a search the other day in local stores,... found powder ( got enough ) , heads ( tho prices were up 20%, got plenty ) but no primers.
most store had open bricks but none full. When I buy its 5 bricks (5k ) at a time.
Getting worried, down to my last 5000 primers :)
In a very similar boat. I have the following on hand for primers:

3,100 SPP
1,000 LRP
4,800 LRP
3,000 SRP
450 MLRP

Needless to say my shooting has been slowing down.