357sig gel tests

A section to discuss firearms ballistics (as well as air rifles and other types of projectiles).
David
Administrator

357sig gel tests

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Re: 357sig gel tests

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

There's no doubt it's an impressive round
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I'm really not a big 357sig fan. Yes, it's a capable round. But I think the industry, for some reason, shot themselves in the foot with pricing 357sig ammo over the years. Even at Walmart, when they sold the scary calibers, 357sig was about 3X the price of 9mm. Why? It isn't 3X better than 9mm. I could see it being the same price as 40 S&W. If they had made it more competitive then more folks would have be interested in it.

Someone getting into the gun thing or someone thinking about adding a caliber to the inventory; 'let's see, 40 S&W and 357sig are both only about $4 more than 9mm...hmmm, what the heck, I'll try 357sig' as opposed to 'let's see, 9mm is $8 a box, 40 S&W is $12 a box and 357sig in $27 a box...screw 357sig'.

So I think the fact that 357sig never really caught on like 40 S&W in the early years, and why it didn't gain a really substantial following is fully on the ammo industry for pricing it mostly stupidly high.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

It's a snappy round in the one I fired 10 rounds thru...
as personal defense I think its a great round esp since its a 9mm bullet coming out a 1400fps+ or so
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

tom mac wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:44 am It's a snappy round in the one I fired 10 rounds thru...
What pistol did you use? In the HK USPc it was very manageable. Didn't notice a difference between 357sig and 40 S&W. Pleasantly surprised.

tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Sig P239
You can't fix stupid !