What is a BOB, GHB or EDC and why would you want one anyway?

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
aerynsun

Re: What is a BOB, GHB or EDC and why would you want one anyway?

Post by aerynsun »

David wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:57 pm So what is a BOB, GHB or EDC?

Simply put, a BOB is a bug-out-bag. GHB is a get-home-bag. And EDC is every-day-carry.

In order of size I'd go with:
You add things as the duration of use goes up e.g. simple first aid kit in GOO gets larger as the bag gets bigger.

I'd add a GOO bag - get out of office. Think about an earthquake or fire in the office. It would include items that get you to your car or just ot of the building ... multitool flashlight,filled water bottle, safety glasses, mask, simple first aid kit, power bar.

EDC - add cutting edge, gun,

GHB - add good hiking shoes and other warmer clothing

GTS - This is a bag that gets you to a storage area between work and home. A lot of people live very long distances from work. Having a storage area along the way for sleep and re-supply might work. Also, you could keep a bike or ebike in it - travel at night!

BOB - Add shelter and water purification - People usually go too heavy with this bag. You want light so you can go fast.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

aerynsun wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:55 am EDC - add cutting edge, gun,
I've actually been thinking about adding my LCP to my Maxpedition Ludada sling bag as a BUG. The Lundada has two different CCW designed pockets and the LCP along with a spare mag would only add around 16 ounces.
aerynsun wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:55 am BOB - Add shelter and water purification - People usually go too heavy with this bag. You want light so you can go fast.
Agreed that you want to go as light as possible. Typically like around 10-15% of your body weight, or somewhere around that mark. Although I add water purification to the Lunada as well as the GHB and BOB's.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

David wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:59 am
Here is the link that is mentioned in this video:

https://theprovidentprepper.org/14-emer ... -disaster/