Gerber LMF II

A section for knives, axes, multi-tools and all things blades.
David
Administrator

Gerber LMF II

Post by David »

I purchased the Gerber LMF II several years ago and this is my main out-in-the-woods and on-body fixed blade. I also have the Mora or Bahco for finer work. I like the Gerber. It has held up well. I like the sheath and the built-in knife sharpener as well as the ability to attach it to your belt and leg to keep it from flopping around. Mine is in coyote brown.

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
xxo

Re: Gerber LMF II

Post by xxo »

I almost got an LMF II, but went with the prodigy instead mainly because it is lighter. The prodigy is an OK knife, but not really my thing. The serrated edge cut real well but I had to do some serious re-profiling to get the plain edge portion to cut., would have been better if they went with a full serrated edge.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

I like the hard butt that allows you to break through glass as well. Could be a very useful impromptu rescue tool. Which reminds me of an idea for another thread...
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
xxo

Post by xxo »

I think the LMF II was originally intended as Gerber’s entry into the trials for a new aircrew survival knife to replace the old Air Force bolt knife- I think the military decided to go with Ontario’s entry, but never really purchased enough to replace the old bolt knives.

These knives were intended more as an egress tools to break out of a downed aircraft, than wilderness survival knives. Hence the hammer pommels, glass breakers, electrically insulated handles and such.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

... Just a Dude...