Sig thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: Sig thread

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

Figured I might as well chime in over here. My first Sig was a P239 9mm. If I had not gone through my first divorce I would have never sold it. Loved that gun more than the ex-wife lol. I just got back to Sig with the P320-M17 and will be adding a P320-M18 soon as well. From there I plan on either finding a good deal on another 239 or going to the 365. I was a Sig and 1911 guy before I ever grabbed a Glock yet I have several Glocks now and find the Sig's trigger to be nicer out of the box. I am not a guy who mods guns other than night sights typically so a nice trigger out of the box is important to me.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Horskinator wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:16 pm ...going to the 365.
As I mentioned in the HK thread, I'm not a brand loyalist for any brand. And I do take issue with how Sig responded to issues with some of their pistols in recent years. And I was a harsh critic of the P365 for more than a year when they came out. I think it is unwise to purchase any new design for at least a year until those that are impatient can beta test them for me. And during that first year the P365 had issues. That is now old news and the pistol has had the bugs worked out. So like I was saying in another thread, as a non-Sig loyalist, the P365 has now earned the title of game-changer.

In the niche of 'single-stack' 9mm's (even though technically it isn't a single stack but it competes in that market), it is among the smallest, lightest, thinnest pistols with capacities that no one can currently match (10, 12 or 15 round options). Comes stock with Xray night sights which I really like. And offers options of manual thumb safety or not. Now the initial prices were in the mid-$600 and some places were over $700. Those were stupid prices and people were foolish, imo, to pay that much. Particularly for an untested pistol. However, now it's fairly common to be able to get them in the mid-$400's not counting the current panic pricing. But pre-covid I saw them all day long for $499 so they really dropped down from intro prices. The one I bought for my son last November was $350 for a brand new/never fired two-tone version. But as I mentioned elsewhere, I look for and find really good deals.

So in short, the pistol has a lot to offer in the niche for which it was designed. No one comes close imo at this time.

ratf51
Board Founder

Post by ratf51 »

Around my area local gun shops have the P365 at $599. Palmetto State Armory has them for $499. This is the best price that I have seen on these pistols. But then my price checking has really only been in the past 2 months, on the interwebz, and in my immediate area. This was the price point I was going to be comfortable with, so, for me, a bit of a no-brainer. Here is the link:
https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-sau ... ights.html
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

@Dave thanks for the excellent review and advice. That is where my research led.

@Ratf51 Thanks for the price hunting. :)
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

Well the girlfriend might not be happy but.... I bought the M17's little brother today.... tomorrow I should be able to pick up my M18. I also found a decent deal for a HK USP 40 that I might snag.... That one will be harder to sneak in to the house than the M18 though.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Congrats on the M18. Easier to ask forgiveness that ask permission :mrgreen:

What's the deal on the USP 40?

Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

V3 $400 Box 3 mags
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Horskinator wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:04 pm V3 $400 Box 3 mags
Great deal, hope you can jump on it!