EDC and Covid19 (and other contagions)

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
David
Administrator

EDC and Covid19 (and other contagions)

Post by David »

Has the recent CV19 situation caused you to alter your EDC in any way? That could also address other contagions?

I have my normal Maxpedition Lunada EDC sling bag but I'm adding a ziplock bag that contains disinfection wipes. This is mainly for shopping carts where I don't see them wiping them down, or even as added protection. I'm not terribly concerned about shopping carts because they are often left out in the parking lot, either around vehicles or in cart return areas and are out in the sun and heat which isn't conducive to viruses and such. However, there is the underside of the handle that doesn't receive direct UV sunlight that could be a concern and this is where the finger tips of the previous user will have touched. So a quick wipe provides a little security.

Of course I also have hand sanitizer but I'll be making sure it's topped off before going out.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: EDC and Covid19 (and other contagions)

Post by Mac66 »

I now carry a mask, gloves and alcohol wipes. Don't usually wear the gloves as I use the wipes on everything I touch and then wipe the steering wheel, door handles, knobs etc down when I get back in the car. I do wear the mask when out in public.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

I have started carrying some alcohol wipes in my pocket to wipe things off or wipe my hands after touching something. No other EDC mods.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Carry lysol wipes in pocket.. in zip lock to use as needed.
Mask in car as needed in this state to enter most stores.
You can't fix stupid !
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

In my goes with me everywhere pack, I Already carry the gloves/mask/hand sanitizer, I also carry potassium iodide pills and water purification tabs. All I added was a few extra gloves that I use mainly at the gas pumps. Except for work (where I wear gloves most of the day and wash my hands frequently anyway) I don't go anywhere else to need safety equipment.

Disinfectant wipes do sound like a good idea tho...
... Just a Dude...
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

More important is just plain common sense....
In my home we don't wear shoes inside, 95% time change clothes from going out to in home, wash hands,etc.
Many don't think of the small things you can to do help prevent issues.
You can't fix stupid !
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

The first few trips to the store when the great toilet paper panic was on, carried the G19. Now that everything is back to normal, just taking the G26. A matter fact the other day, I was carrying the G48. For the most part, besides some stuff being closed, it has returned to normal around here.