Newest gun or latest upgrade

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Horskinator

Re: Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by Horskinator »

Built a couple AR's. I also got my new Sig P320-M17 this week but no picture yet.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Horskinator wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:53 pm Built a couple AR's. I also got my new Sig P320-M17 this week but no picture yet.
What suppressor are you running on the top one?
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

Ronin.45 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:12 pm
Horskinator wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:53 pm Built a couple AR's. I also got my new Sig P320-M17 this week but no picture yet.
What suppressor are you running on the top one?
Okay, so the one on the right aka the top one is running a YHM Phantom and is a SBR 10.5". It also mounts to the middle one my 20" DMR. The one on the left aka bottom is the one I built for my 12 yo son and is a 16".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

You can't just throw up a tiny pic of all three! Get us some close ups, and at least throw out the details!!!!

Lowers, uppers, barrels, twists, furniture, optics....
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

Bob wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:49 am You can't just throw up a tiny pic of all three! Get us some close ups, and at least throw out the details!!!!

Lowers, uppers, barrels, twists, furniture, optics....
Sorry Bob. I will try and get better pics today. Here are the specs:

Left: Covid-19 Build for my son

16" 5.56 M4 Carbine 1x7 twist
Palmetto Lower
Anderson Upper
Troy Flip Up HK Style BUIS
A2 FH
CMMG Parts Kit with FCG
Magpul FDE MOE Furniture
10" FDE Light weight M-Lock Rail
waiting on Sig Romeo 5X FDE
Wilson Combat Adj. Gas Block

Center: Covid-19 Build

20" 5.56 LW Pencil Barrel Rifle Length GT 1x7 twist
Timney Trigger
Palmetto Lower
Anderson Upper
BCM Med CH
CCMG Parts Kit w/o FCG
Magpul OD MOE Furniture
15" OD Lightweight M-Lock Rail
UTG Bi-pod
Leupold Mark AR Mod-1 4-12 with mount
YHM QD FH to accept suppressor

Right: Older Build

SBR Lower
YHM Upper
10.5" Barrel 5.56 1x8 twist
Timney Trigger
B5 SOPMOD Stock
Magpul MOE+ Grip
BCM BCG/CH
Diamond Head 13" Rail Key Mod
Troy Flip up HK style BUIS
YHM Phantom Suppressor
Sig Romeo 5X
ratf51
Board Founder

Post by ratf51 »

Those are really nice!

With that said and by comparison my post here has "performance issues" stamped all over it-- I have ordered a Sig P365. It may take 2-3 weeks to get here but the deed is done.
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

ratf51 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:16 pm Those are really nice!

With that said and by comparison my post here has "performance issues" stamped all over it-- I have ordered a Sig P365. It may take 2-3 weeks to get here but the deed is done.
P365 is a nice gun. Congrats on the purchase..... Here is my M17.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

ratf51 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:16 pm Those are really nice!

Great choice. I waited about a year and a half before I got one to allow the bugs to be worked out. Now all of that is old news, the P365 really has earned the label of 'game changer' imo. That was my last off-duty weapon and is now my main EDC pistol. Just can't beat the size, weight and capacity. I carry with a 12-round mag and a 12-round mag spare with either a 10-round or 15-round in my sling bag.

Great trigger, very accurate and I really like the Xray sights. Overall I have to give it high marks. I put a TLR-6 on mine as well, pics are in the 'Lighting' section of the board in the WML thread. When it gets to you, sound off on your thoughts.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
ratf51
Board Founder

Post by ratf51 »

Great choice. I waited about a year and a half before I got one to allow the bugs to be worked out. Now all of that is old news, the P365 really has earned the label of 'game changer' imo. That was my last off-duty weapon and is now my main EDC pistol. Just can't beat the size, weight and capacity. I carry with a 12-round mag and a 12-round mag spare with either a 10-round or 15-round in my sling bag.

Great trigger, very accurate and I really like the Xray sights. Overall I have to give it high marks. I put a TLR-6 on mine as well, pics are in the 'Lighting' section of the board in the WML thread. When it gets to you, sound off on your thoughts.
Thanks! Yes, I have seen the pics and they are drool inducing. I have 2 12-round mags on order. Most likely I'll keep it lightless for the time being because I'll have to save up for a light-- but the TLR-6 looks custom made for this pistol. My expectation is that it'll take a couple of weeks to get here from PSA. It just dawned on me that this is my first 9mm anything in 29 years!

(My apologies-- I screwed up the quote function on this one!)
David
Administrator

Post by David »

ratf51 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:05 am (My apologies-- I screwed up the quote function on this one!)
Took care of it for ya :)

A lot has changed in the 9mm landscape over the last several decades. I think you'll be well pleased. I still load mine with 124+P GD as I have a supply of them on hand from when it was issued. There are a lot of good 9mm rounds these days.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".