Paul Harrell

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Paul Harrell

Post by David »

I like Paul’s videos so I figured I’d start a thread. To kick off, a video appropriate to the moment. Feel free to comment.

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
ratf51
Board Founder

Re: Paul Harrell

Post by ratf51 »

I like him. He presents well, has a dry wit, and gives reasons for the "why" he chooses or recommends something. Note that this is a 2 part video.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Count me as another one that enjoys his videos.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

ratf51 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:13 am I like him. He presents well, has a dry wit, and gives reasons for the "why" he chooses or recommends something. Note that this is a 2 part video.
And here is part 2 :)

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Just finished part 1 - GREAT video. One of the best I have seen on this topic.

My FIRST advice to Corona Zombie Apocalypse gun buyers is DON'T; Not the time - you need money for other things besides guns and ammo and can't train most likely, so don't.

After that - I'm 100% down with everything he says. Tracks pretty well with my Security section of my book.

Get a Glock, a 870/500, and a pawned 30/30 and you are set, low key, and simple. (Unlike that other tactical idiot I asked about - I don't care if was a Navy SEAL, Green Beret, or whatever. He is useless to most normal human beings not part of a fire team)
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Paul makes some good points about the FBI shootout. The agents just weren't prepared for a confrontation that day. The bad guys were. They took the fight to the agents.

I do take issue with the part about using speed loaders for a backup gun. People don't typically carry speed loaders for a backup. First because it's a back up to your primary weapon i.e, last ditch weapon. Second you probably wouldn't expect to reload a back up. If you reload it would probably be your primary before you even use your backup. Third, you wouldn't want to have different speed loaders for your primary and your backup unless they used the same mag, loader etc. It would be too hard/confusing to sort out which goes with which under stress.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

David wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:15 pm
I didn't like that one.

Would you ask a carpenter what would she choose if she only could choose one tool?

You pick the tool for the circumstances.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

The two main circumstances would either be hunting or defense. The ‘one’ tool would vary considerably depending on your focus. It would seem that defense was his main consideration. Within that heading, a handgun, IMO, would offer more overall versatility than a long gun simply because it is easier to carry. Which revolver or pistol is open to personal interpretation.