Prepping lights

Flashlights, lanterns, torches and anything that sheds a little light for your path.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Prepping lights

Post by Ronin.45 »

I haven't done much Corona specific prepping, but one thing I did yesterday was charge all my chargeable lights and make sure I had extra batteries for my AAA lights.
I'm not expecting the lights to go out, but it can't hurt to be ready.
Jackal359

Re: Prepping lights

Post by Jackal359 »

When the UK went into lockdown i charged all my batteries for my flashlights and my battery banks as well. While i do not expect problems i think it is foolish not to not take any and all steps. Tested all my flashlights even the old retired ones like my LED converted 3D (3 x AA convertors) maglights and mini mags. I have several of the folding solar panel chargers but hey this is the UK full sunny days are rare, on a cloudy day using all 3 pannels i can charge 12 x 2000mah eneloops or 3 x 3400mah panasonic 18650's. I have gensets but they are loud and i preffer not to advitise i have them if i don't have to.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

I use a 100w solar panel to charge 2 car batteries... and run from them if needed.
I always look for devices that run on 12vdc. Including small chargers for those types of batteries
You can't fix stupid !
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

Central power could go out due to a EMP or an uncontrolled pandemic where essential service workers do not go to work or die.

Solar is a good option, is quiet and can be hidden.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

aerynsun wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:41 pm Central power could go out due to a EMP or an uncontrolled pandemic where essential service workers do not go to work or die.

I need to look into a solar panel. Power outages are why I keep some AAA lights on hand. It would be nice to be able to use my rechargeable lights if the juice stopped though.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ronin.45 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:44 pm
aerynsun wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:41 pm Central power could go out due to a EMP or an uncontrolled pandemic where essential service workers do not go to work or die.

I need to look into a solar panel. Power outages are why I keep some AAA lights on hand. It would be nice to be able to use my rechargeable lights if the juice stopped though.

I have something similar to this;

Anker 15W Dual USB Solar Charger, Power ... MEbW498C6Z

Works great. I have a small battery charger that uses a USB cable that I can hook up to it.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

tom mac wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:42 am link didn't work for me...
this one ? https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger-Po ... op?ie=UTF8

Been looking at this one $78 ; https://www.amazon.com/BigBlue-Foldable ... B00ES13ZAO
Yes, that's the one. Not sure why my link stopped working but thanks for the catch and new link :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".